YOU JUST NEVER KNOW

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
I found this in an old building many yrs ago and the curiosity has haunted me ever since. I won't go into detail as to the who, where and when , but I have permission to salvage from this place. I went there again today to plan my strategy. I found one last yr and was VERY VERY pleasantly surprised with its contents.
Wish me luck ...Updates coming soon.

Thanx for looking and HH y'all

UPDATE: well it's been about 3 yrs since I initially posted this. I checked on the safe about every 4-6 months since, just to make sure it hadn't been disturbed or opened. Originally I was going to open it with a torch but there were inherent risks with that idea. Well this past weekend I revisited the site armed with a cordless drill,4 batteries and a scope cam. Much to my dismay,when I arrived at the site, all I saw was a mountain of bricks and rubble. The building
has been torn down and no evidence of the safe anywhere. Unfortunately, due to my procrastination, We will NEVER KNOW What was inside.

Attachments

• DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 5,315
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 5,342
  • DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 5,295
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK, Its been almost 24 hrs! We are all anxiously waiting to see WHATS IN IT?! ha ha I hope it is something great for you and REALLY hope you share pics with us. Good luck!

One Monday morning I went to a large church on a safe burglary call when I was on the PD. Someone or someones spent all night trying to peel a safe very similar to this one. The pried and hammered and beat it with sledge hammers and crow bars and spent all night and finally got it open. It contained several hundred old song manuals the church had disregarded. Idiots! Monty

Monty said:
One Monday morning I went to a large church on a safe burglary call when I was on the PD. Someone or someones spent all night trying to peel a safe very similar to this one. The pried and hammered and beat it with sledge hammers and crow bars and spent all night and finally got it open. It contained several hundred old song manuals the church had disregarded. Idiots! Monty

lol!

lumpsums said:
Monty said:

lol!

Well that was better than Geraldo Rivera and his treasure of Al Capones vault LOL

Be aware that some of those old safes were "booby trapped" from the factory. We have one very similar at work (the building was there since the 1930's), and it had some glass vials that were set to break if someone tried to drill out the lock. We had it professionaly deactivated....It had cyanide and some kind of acid in the glass sections!!!

Jon Phillips said:
Be aware that some of those old safes were "booby trapped" from the factory. We have one very similar at work (the building was there since the 1930's), and it had some glass vials that were set to break if someone tried to drill out the lock. We had it professionaly deactivated....It had cyanide and some kind of acid in the glass sections!!!

That'll ruin your weekend.
Newt

Felinepeachy said:
lumpsums said:
Monty said:

lol!

Well that was better than Geraldo Rivera and his treasure of Al Capones vault LOL
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: I remember seeing that on TV

When you get it open watch out for spiders :laughing7: Dd60

I think you have already found what is really valuable - the safe. Of course, we all can't wait to see what is inside - good luck!

:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: Waiting with great anticipation.

As the others have said, what did you find in the one last year?

I was a store manager for a grocery store chain in the eighties. One Sunday morning I entered the store to open up, when I heard a whirring sound coming from my office. I could tell someone was in there so I called the police. Upon their arrival they found a fifteen year old kid trying to drill the safe with the most anemic drill I had ever seen. We asked him why he thought it would work and his reply was "aw, man, I saws it on Starsky and Hutch."

I would love to have a safe like that to store my valuables in. Take the wheels off and no one would steal it. They are so heavy it'd take some heavy equipment to move it. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back