YOU JUST NEVER KNOW

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
I found this in an old building many yrs ago and the curiosity has haunted me ever since. I won't go into detail as to the who, where and when , but I have permission to salvage from this place. I went there again today to plan my strategy. I found one last yr and was VERY VERY pleasantly surprised with its contents.
Wish me luck ...Updates coming soon.

Thanx for looking and HH y'all

UPDATE: well it's been about 3 yrs since I initially posted this. I checked on the safe about every 4-6 months since, just to make sure it hadn't been disturbed or opened. Originally I was going to open it with a torch but there were inherent risks with that idea. Well this past weekend I revisited the site armed with a cordless drill,4 batteries and a scope cam. Much to my dismay,when I arrived at the site, all I saw was a mountain of bricks and rubble. The building
has been torn down and no evidence of the safe anywhere. Unfortunately, due to my procrastination, We will NEVER KNOW What was inside.

Attachments

• DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 5,314
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 5,341
  • DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 5,294
Last edited:
Upvote 0

De.Digger

Apr 16, 2010
Delaware
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-trac ,Bounty Hunter 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Niceeeee! And I was getting ready to call Geraldo Rivera for you! lol :hello2:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Personally, I love these kinds of stories, it gets everybodies imagination going. About 20 years ago I found a small money hidden under the basement stairs at one of my customers place of business. I asked him if I could buy it from him, he told me that "I could have it as long as I could get it up the stairs and out the door".

To make a long story short, I got it out with a dolly and took it to a lock and safe company in Toronto. They told me that the safe dated to about 1890 and they were able to crack the combination in about 30 mins. Of course the safe was totally empty, but what a rush it was to think about what could've been inside!

Sim_Player

Jan 12, 2010
Camano Island, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Tesoro Cutlass2
The previous safe you found with goodies inside is a treasure itself!!!!

Any ideas yet on how to open the latest safe?

Apparently, prying the handles and dial off just doesn't work too well (LMAO) and a cutting torch could
damage any contents (or ignite explosives) IF you managed to get through the several inches of steel.

Jim

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the title of this thread should be: "You'll never know"

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, when is this baby going to be cracked open? I had almost forgot about it.

gargreen18

Apr 21, 2010
Somewhere Near Spokane
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200
Crack that sucker open! When the police raided... well someone I know... They hit the hinges on the safe and tore the dang door off in minutes. But this was a newer safe.

I cracked one open one time and all that was in it was empty coin rolls.

Good luck!

brooklynpetey

Aug 10, 2009
CRUSADER and his British wit...lol...80)

i thought his comment was funny please post more while we wait for the safe to be opened and see jimmy Hoffa fall out.. :laughing7:

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vayank54 said:
Heck you're too late. I cleaned that one out about 5 years ago :laughing9: Actually that's really cool. Be sure to lets us know what you find. If I had been the one to open it it would have been full of dog food or something. :'(

After the dog had ate it??? :laughing9: :laughing9:

FamilyFun2010

Apr 16, 2010
Morehead, Ky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites TRX pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO, just wondering what was in it? I realize this thread is about a year and a half old, but I would really like to know.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing nothing was in it...or A LOT was in it and he retired and moved to an island!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread