diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a heads up. I was at work the other day and had my phone in my back pocket. When I looked at it I noticed it was showing photos of one of my watched items, a Prussian sword. I didn't think much of it and cleared it off to make a call. Several hours later (the next time I went to use my phone), I noticed I was the $167.50 high bidder on the Prussian sword. WTH? Seems I put in a butt bid on the sword with a maximum bid of $9776.00! Holy crap! I didn't realize I had to ask the seller to cancel my bid so I put in a bid retraction and sent the seller a message apologizing. He them gets mad because I retracted my bid instead of asking him to cancel the bid. I guess because it shows that the item has had a bid retraction when other bidders are looking at it. Anyway, just be careful if you own an LG Android type phone or any other that butt dials people. I've butt dialed and butt texted people before but this butt bidding incident was a first, lol. :tongue3:

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crud! Good thing you noticed before the auction ended!! My S-I-L used to butt dial me often and leave many "butt" messages. Just try to close out of the apps before you stick it in your pocket. Lol

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
l'm glad I just have an old hipster flip phone - I pay $20.00 every 3 months .

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if I butt text my boss? I never type in text messages only dictate. What if i butt texted him and then said @#$$%^%#@$ about him to a buddy? Could I use that as a defense for fireing, at the un-employement office?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if I butt text my boss? I never type in text messages only dictate. What if i butt texted him and then said @#$$%^%#@$ about him to a buddy? Could I use that as a defense for fireing, at the un-employement office?
I always talk text myself, my fingers are too big for typing on a little phone. I accidentally sent a text to a contractor that I do work for, that was meant for one of my crew. It was basically calling the contractor (him) an idiot. He texted me back saying "I think you texted the wrong guy". Whoops! :laughing7: lol, open mouth insert foot, it was embarrassing for me, but he got over it. I'm still doing his work.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always talk text myself, my fingers are too big for typing on a little phone. I accidentally sent a text to a contractor that I do work for, that was meant for one of my crew. It was basically calling the contractor (him) an idiot. He texted me back saying "I think you texted the wrong guy". Whoops! :laughing7: lol, open mouth insert foot, it was embarrassing for me, but he got over it. I'm still doing his work.

I also talk text that's normally why my posts make me look ******ed. However the other day I had to call this guy back who is a lawyer and I left him a voicemail. At the end of the sentence I said please call me back at your convenience my phone number is this. At the end of my sentence I said period. Thinking I was texting somebody instead!! I felt really really really dumb!!

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have their kid text you thinking they were texting their girlfriend? HAHA. My son did that once.......Funny! He is only 13 so it wasn't to bad but he was super embarrassed!

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone have their kid text you thinking they were texting their girlfriend? HAHA. My son did that once.......Funny! He is only 13 so it wasn't to bad but he was super embarrassed!

No, but last year my son got a text from someone. Must have been the wrong number. It seemed like someone wanting to hook up. My kids are hilarious. They wrote back telling the girl to meet up at a certain place. The wrong text came from another state. It is funnier hearing than writing it.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Toledo! I mean Prussian. I am so glad you caught that. I would have crapped if I had of won. If you like swords shoot me a PM. I have bought some from this guy over in Europe. He has a good site to look at anyways.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread