82012 pot4.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 82012 pot5.jpg
    82012 pot5.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0
N

natchitoches

sweet , i be looking for more of that pot.
i bet its there somewhere'

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super, Glue job! I would mark the spot and hope to find more shards to add on. You never know, you just might find more to make a complete pot. Good Luck! and thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
i was thinkin' some of those would fit since they were so close together
that would be way cool to find more of it
i think i might have a piece of that pot....i will give it to you as soon as i see you

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice finds.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
T Witko

T Witko

Jul 22, 2010
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
Two more pieces.

I actually found these two pieces about a week ago. After fitting the recently found pieces together, I had a hunch that I might already have more of it. It took a little searching but I did finally remember which cigar box they were in.
Now I'm going to have to start pull out more - I might already have a few more pieces to this coolly puzzle.

Attachments

• pot6-3.jpg
    pot6-3.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 71
  • pot7.jpg
    pot7.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 70
  • pot8.jpg
    pot8.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 77
  • pot9.jpg
    pot9.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 83

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
''Now your talking''! You are the ''Puzzle Man''! :icon_thumleft:

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
That is a very interesting find. There has be more of it out there, mark the spot as suggested you just might find more that fit together and good luck. I have never found but two pieces that fit together. I really like those pottery shards.

theonlinefisherman

Aug 10, 2012
West Central Florida
Detector(s) used
I am a digger of stone, bone, coral, and shell.
There was somebody selling 50 pieces at a time of Anasazi stuff on eBay last week. Gorgeous pieces. I was wondering if they ever tried to put one together. It said they were from private land but there were boxes of 30-50 pieces each and I watched six of them go off for $50 - $120 each box. About a $1 or $2 a piece. I thought it was cheap but I collect southern stuff pretty much exclusively. And from places I have family, like Ohio, new York, and Wisconsin, but most of what I have I found. I have only just started buying in the last year or so.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
T Witko

T Witko

Jul 22, 2010
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
Putting pottery together is so much fun. Hope you find the rest. Can you sift at this spot?

Thanks, it's always a nice surprise when I find some that fit back together. I've actually found pieces of 6 or 7 different pots the fit back together, all in the same area. Most all the pieces were found at different times over the last two summers.

Yes, I can do a little sifting. To further explain, if I spot a nice size piece or two, I can scrape and probe the area around and then I may sift the dirt I disturbed. 98% of what I find is field finds, actually it's technically 100% because the piece is usually spotted while field hunting.

Last edited:

Glenn C

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice piece. I have found a whole pot with about 300 pieces to put together. I have matched about 50 so far including the full rim. It is very time consuming matching them. It will take years. I also have museum grade adhesive I ordered for the job. Nice to see some pottery!

OP
OP
T Witko

T Witko

Jul 22, 2010
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
There was somebody selling 50 pieces at a time of Anasazi stuff on eBay last week. Gorgeous pieces. I was wondering if they ever tried to put one together. It said they were from private land but there were boxes of 30-50 pieces each and I watched six of them go off for $50 - $120 each box. About a $1 or $2 a piece. I thought it was cheap but I collect southern stuff pretty much exclusively. And from places I have family, like Ohio, new York, and Wisconsin, but most of what I have I found. I have only just started buying in the last year or so.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Amazing. It's a little embarrassing to say this but - There are so many pieces lying around the site we hunt that we hardly ever pick any up. I will usually look at a piece but unless it's a good size rim piece or something unusual, I leave it.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
about twenty years ago digger and I found a two and one half gallon indian pickle pail
never did get it all put together still got the pieces laying back in the shed in a few boxes
the diameter of the top rim of that one matched the radius of a plastic 5 gal bucket
many of those pots were for storing corn, dried squash, pemmican,and mussel shells for future use.
the one time we saw a couple huge pieces in a washout gully, when we looked we found this huge busted pot which was packed with mussel shell
they were scattered and disturbed but there was enough to see that they were nested one on top of another...and...which appeared to have been in an orderly manner to save space

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a special find! Gives a picture back in time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread