2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,136
Upvote 0

SilverSharpie

Mar 16, 2012
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Where did you order Eisenhower bags, if you don't mind me asking?

I was under the impression that banks could only order the small dollar coins.

Th3Offspring

Aug 29, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, your coin is fake. "in god we trust" didn't appear on coins until 1864 when it the 2 cent piece was issued.

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Th3Offspring said:
Sorry, your coin is fake. "in god we trust" didn't appear on coins until 1864 when it the 2 cent piece was issued.
I am sorry to say ^he^ is right. Your coin is a poorly made fake but all the same check if it is silver. Then it wouldn't be completely junk.

OP
OP
C

CoinMania

Jun 28, 2011
I figured it was probably a fake due to the condition. Oh well... I did find a 1997 Silver Dollar though and I am only halfway done with the first bag.
You cannot order Eisenhower Dollars from the bank. They can only really order the small dollars. I was able to get them by pulling a lot of stings and having the proper connections. :icon_thumleft:

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank will order??? Bags of $500 ea. Have only did one with no luck.

apush :read2:

OP
OP
C

CoinMania

Jun 28, 2011
Yes, sorry a 1997 American Eagle Silver Dollar. The remainder of the bag I pulled out a nice toned 1921 Morgan Silver Dollar. No 1973 Eisenhower, 40% Eisenhower or Proof Eisenhower coins were found. I have another Eisenhower bag left I will probably work on later this weekend.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1843.jpg
1843_rev.jpg

Here is a picture of a coin that is real, sorry for your dis-appointment.... :BangHead:

There are fakes that are made of 90% silver though, give it the ring test.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a fake, but it still is interesting :icon_thumright:

Have to say I think I'd prefer pulling one of those than another clad Ike

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
conleytheking said:
I just want to know if it's silver or not!! lol
this is not 100% accurate whether it is silver or not. Stick a magnet to it, if it does not stick to the magnet, it could be silver. Silver is not magnetic. The likelihood of it being silver is slim to none, it is probrably a mix of random metals, and a chinese fake.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Really, the only way to prove that it was silver is to go down to a jeweler or pawn shop and have them file through the coin (in case it was silver plated) and then put acid that will turn a certain color if it is silver. Most fakes I've seen are made out of copper-nickel and will not be magnetic, but of course will fail the acid test. And if it is magnetic, you can be 100% sure it is not silver.

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
So you found a silver eagle and a morgan in the first bag. I don't think you know how lucky you are to have access to bags of large dollars.

seinfeld4077

Mar 19, 2011
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one of my banks offered to order me bags of ikes, but she said they search it first, so i passed, but i still ask for singles when they have them, just something about them that i like, and my son likes to play with them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread