UN Flipping Return Tripping Believable

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I know that one of the golden rules is that any time someone finds a solid roll they are always told to go back and buy them all. I thought about it after last weeks 3 rolls of dimes but with work and all the coins that I had ordered I just didn't have the time. Today I drove back to the same town to make my regular dump and just made it to the other bank which closes an hour earlier. The same Teller was there, she works at my Hometown's bank regularly and only works out at this other one to fill in on Saturdays. I asked her again for as much as she could spare and got 196 in dimes (160) and nickels (36). As we drove off, I told my wife to see if there were any dark green wrappers in the box and she pulled one out. When I opened it, driving, I could see a silver reverse and dumped half the roll into my hand. Another (almost) solid roll! I checked the one other wrapper that was the same kind but it was clad. At home it turned out to be 48 Roosevelts and 2 67 clads. Maybe on Monday I will go in and talk to her and ask her if she has any of the dark green wrappers in her quarters. Boy, Banking is fun.

satdimes2-16-13.jpg

Upvote 0

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I know that one of the golden rules is that any time someone finds a solid roll they are always told to go back and buy them all. I thought about it after last weeks 3 rolls of dimes but with work and all the coins that I had ordered I just didn't have the time. Today I drove back to the same town to make my regular dump and just made it to the other bank which closes an hour earlier. The same Teller was there, she works at my Hometown's bank regularly and only works out at this other one to fill in on Saturdays. I asked her again for as much as she could spare and got 196 in dimes (160) and nickels (36). As we drove off, I told my wife to see if there were any dark green wrappers in the box and she pulled one out. When I opened it, driving, I could see a silver reverse and dumped half the roll into my hand. Another (almost) solid roll! I checked the one other wrapper that was the same kind but it was clad. At home it turned out to be 48 Roosevelts and 2 67 clads. Maybe on Monday I will go in and talk to her and ask her if she has any of the dark green wrappers in her quarters. Boy, Banking is fun.

View attachment 742249

Quarters will be Orange. They are color coded.

Red for Cents
Blue for Nickels
Green for Dimes
Orange for Quarters
Yellow for halves
Brown for dollar coins

If I recall correctly.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The quarter wrappers from this era are indeed an orange-ish color

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Thanks EE, I guess I know that but, my brain was kind of still spinning when I was writing. Stopped at two other banks so I have almost 500 more in CRW's to still go through.

thebubbasdad

May 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
67 dimes are not silver clad. No silver in dimes after 64. Only halves were 40% until 1970

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
67 dimes are not silver clad. No silver in dimes after 64. Only halves were 40% until 1970

I'm sorry if my writing somehow confused you, I thought the (almost) and the picture of 6 rows of eight would cover it but... the 2 67's were clad and you are correct there is no silver in them.

Also there are the 40% 1976ers as well as 90% silver proofs after 1970. HH

Last edited:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the pictured silver dimes is a 1968, not silver. It clearly stood out.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure there are silver dimes after 1964. They started again in 1992. I've found a few roll hunting.
You must also include 40% halves for 1970.

Last edited:

thebubbasdad

May 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you people are a bunch of bashers with huge chips on your shoulders or something. Now I remember why I don't like this site. I just misread it and thought he was keeping to 67 and it wouldn't be the first time I've seen someone thing other coinage was silver clad from 65 to 70.

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Wow you people are a bunch of bashers with huge chips on your shoulders or something. Now I remember why I don't like this site. I just misread it and thought he was keeping to 67 and it wouldn't be the first time I've seen someone thing other coinage was silver clad from 65 to 70.

Dude, your "bunch of bashers" was two members who politely pointed out that you had mistaken the meaning of what was written and nothing more. A big step in growing up is learning to accept the fact that we will not always be right about everything all the time. So you made a mistake, same as I did and Sagittarius98 pointed out about the 68 dime, everyone does and no one is perfect. Try learning from your mistakes instead of blaming them on the world and maybe you might enjoy this site more and also find out that all those huge chips on others shoulders were just some useless baggage you were carrying around yourself. But then I don't know, I could be wrong. Good luck to you and HH.

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score again, Minky! '68 or no '68, it's still a beautiful pic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread