OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another awesome day. No skunks for once. One box had an ender and I opened that first, of course:

Box 1: 5x90%(1 walker, 4 kens) 38x40% This box actually had 4 enders, but only one was showing on the top and I'm too lazy to flip rolls
Box 2: 1x40%
Box 3: 1x90% (Ben)
Box 4: 1x40%

I'll upload pics later. I was hoping that I would have two stuffed boxes, but I'm not complaining.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fortysix.jpg

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds recently! I would have gone for those quarters in the teller tray 2 weeks ago, after you asked for the halves. I would have finished the transaction with the halves, and then "reconsidered" and got the quarters. That way, you couldn't lose the half, but only could gain the quarters.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds recently! I would have gone for those quarters in the teller tray 2 weeks ago, after you asked for the halves. I would have finished the transaction with the halves, and then "reconsidered" and got the quarters. That way, you couldn't lose the half, but only could gain the quarters.

Thanks. Yeah, I probably should have tried to make it happen. I was just in a rush and wasn't thinking clearly because I was trying to get to a million banks that day.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great day. I picked up four boxes today.
Box 1: 5x90%(3 walkers, 2 kens) 1x40%
Box 2: 5x90%(1 walker, 2 bens, 2 kens) 5x40%
Box 3: 1x40%
Box 4: skunk

Got my first walker ender.

variety.jpg wender.jpg

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was supposed to have 8 boxes to pick up today. Two banks forgot to order, so that left me with two to pick up. Both were skunks. My main dump bank had an extra sealed box they ordered by mistake, so I told them I would take it off their hands even though I knew it would suck. It was also a skunk. Today was a hearty dose of reality after the great run I have been on. I hope next week picks back up.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only good thing I can say about today is that I didn't get completely skunked:

Box 1: skunk
Box 2: skunk
Box 3: skunk

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rough week so far. I was supposed to have 14 boxes coming in today, but I actually only ended up getting 6. The other 8 should be in later this week along with the rest of my orders.

Box 1: skunk
Box 4: 3x40%
Box 5: skunk
Box 6: skunk

I actually had a teller use the F word on me today. Since I'm off next week I'm trying to up my volume. I stopped at a new branch of my main pickup bank to order 4 boxes. The vault teller was out to lunch so she took down my name and number. She called me and gave me the run around. "I don't know if we can order these, what do you want them for, etc, etc." I replied with: "I've ordered from other branches of this bank in the past with no issue. You nor any other branch of this bank will ever see these coins again and I always pick up on the day they come in so they aren't in your way. But really, if it's an inconvenience don't worry about it. I don't need the coins" To this she replied that she would have to call the corporate office to see if she could and asked for my account number. At this point I reiterated that it really wasn't a big deal and to forget about it. She was insistent that she was going to find out for me, so I gave her my account number. She called back later saying that she could order for me but that there was a fee because of increased customers ordering and she didn't know how much the fee was. I totally had a bad feeling about the whole ordeal and told her to forget about it. Honestly, I think she was just messing with me about the fee. I order from over a dozen other branches of this bank with no issue and no one has ever mentioned fees before. What a pain in the behind.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better day today. One bank forgot to order, but I got 4 boxes:

box 1: 1x90% (walker) 5x40%
Box 2: 2x40%
Box 4: skunk

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was supposed to have 12 boxes today, but only ended up having 8 come in. I got the same amount of silver as yesterday but had to search twice as many boxes to get it. I did however find a first which I was thrilled with:

Box 1: 7x40%
Box 2: 1x90%(2008 S :occasion14:)
Box 4: Skunk
Box 5: skunk
Box 6: 1x40% (ender tease box)
Box 7: 1x40%
Box 8: Skunk

2008.jpg tenspot.jpg

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I haven't found a 90% S mint yet. That is sweet.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I haven't found a 90% S mint yet. That is sweet.
Thanks. That proof might be my favorite find so far. It was my first 90% proof and one of the last major half dollar milestones I have to hit. I didn't think I was ever going to find one. I think the last milestone left is a seated half and I'm not getting my hopes up too high that i will ever find one of those. It would be awesome, though.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day today. I picked up 8 boxes despite various order screw ups:

Box 1: 3x90%(1 ben, 2 kens) 21x40%
Box 5: 3x40%
Box 6: 2x90% (kens) 5x40%
Box 7: 1x90%
Box 8: 1x40%

silvas.jpg

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice boxes!! Great average,

Hey fish on!, clear out some of your inbox, I can't PM you because your space is full :)

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good and Bad day. I was supposed to have 6 boxes to pick up today. 4 of them didn't come in. I also got a call that 4 other boxes for tomorrow are not coming in. I did get to search two boxes today though:

Box 1: 9x40%
Box 2: 1x90% 3x40%

At least I'm finding silver, but the reliability of my banks is going way downhill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread