Really bad video of the Deus Detecting Coins and a Bottle cap

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad, u can hear the break up in the tones I get that to pending on how I'm using it, I also was wondering I wonder if u get the break in tone cuz the way tha cap is shaped has more to it then a coin if that makes any sence. Sorry if it doesn't

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not bad, u can hear the break up in the tones I get that to pending on how I'm using it, I also was wondering I wonder if u get the break in tone cuz the way tha cap is shaped has more to it then a coin if that makes any sence. Sorry if it doesn't
Yeah,I think it does! I've noticed if they are completely flat they don't break up as much,but they still do it. I just have to listen real close to hear it. I've tried it with the cap,top up and top down,and it sounds the same,but if it's completely flat it isn't a loud,just a faint little crackel.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly what I was trying to say. It's a lot harder to notice these sounds using the 13'' coil they r very faint the 9" is probably the best for given off nice clear tones to know what that target is in the ground

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exactly what I was trying to say. It's a lot harder to notice these sounds using the 13'' coil they r very faint the 9" is probably the best for given off nice clear tones to know what that target is in the ground
Yeah,I can't see me buying the bigger coil,from the reports I've read. Heck for what they want for a new big coil,you could buy another good used quality detector,or a lot of goodies! But if you hunted large open fields,the bigger coil would be the way to go.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

This is good to know, because after watching the video I can safely say my 13" makes caps sounds WAY better than the 9" in the vid. I have a very hard time distinguishing cap from coin. However checking with 4kHz seems to work well as caps don't drop in vdi as much as coins.

BTW...XP called me today and confirmed my 9" is junk! They're sending me a new one!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U should make em feel bad about it & mayb they'd overnight the coil. If only huh

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is good to know, because after watching the video I can safely say my 13" makes caps sounds WAY better than the 9" in the vid. I have a very hard time distinguishing cap from coin. However checking with 4kHz seems to work well as caps don't drop in vdi as much as coins.

BTW...XP called me today and confirmed my 9" is junk! They're sending me a new one!
Yeah with the 9 inch coil,you won't have to change programs to hear the difference!:thumbsup: I'd try to get them to send ya a ball cap for your trouble!:laughing7:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta get something for all the bs u did give up 2 nice machines for a new one that came with a bad coil not ur fault

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found another custom 4 kHz program,and downloaded it today! Test run tomorrow!:thumbsup: I really like the 4kHz programs! It is so much easier to notch out the trash,and keep the targets you want! Plus the fact that 4 kHz really is attracted to silver,dosen't hurt my feelings any either!:laughing7:

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know on the new 4 program, I definitely agree with ya on the separation the 4 gives u I'd like to get into a good 4 program for every day hunting then when I clear the place out go for that deep 12 program I did to really clean.it it out in like almost layers

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great idea! Thanks! This should help many people.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for posting the Video!
I am in the market for another detector, after speaking with Bart about the Etrac vs the CZ21 I thought I had made up my mind.
The xp deus seems to deserve a lot more consideration, I was totally unaware of this machines existance.
I have been following your threads and you guys are really doing a swell job of presenting the Deus.

Oh well, While waiting on my AT Pro to come back from Garrett, I may even have to consider the CTX cause I have use for a water machine. I just hope the AT does good in the water.

Keep up the good work, the presentation with the bottle cap is great information!!
Roy

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Atpro does fine in the water, I'm also a deus owner & its an awesome machine very light, take it anywhere really,so far faster then any other machine I've used in tid response just great realy

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for posting the Video!
I am in the market for another detector, after speaking with Bart about the Etrac vs the CZ21 I thought I had made up my mind.
The xp deus seems to deserve a lot more consideration, I was totally unaware of this machines existance.
I have been following your threads and you guys are really doing a swell job of presenting the Deus.

Oh well, While waiting on my AT Pro to come back from Garrett, I may even have to consider the CTX cause I have use for a water machine. I just hope the AT does good in the water.

Keep up the good work, the presentation with the bottle cap is great information!!
Roy
Roy,your ATP will do fine water hunting!:thumbsup: That's one of the reasons I'll never sell mine. The XP Deus is a real "Hot Rod" when it comes to detectors!:laughing7: This machine is light,fast,and goes DEEP! It will beach hunt one day,go Prospecting for gold out West the next,then relic hunting,and then coinshooting the next day! I think this will be my last machine,as it's capable of hunting anything I can find to hunt,anywhere in the country!:thumbsup:

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope it will do fine in the water when it gets back from Garrett. They should be checking it out this week coming. I'm chomping at the bit, waiting on the AT as I am typing!:tongue3:

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions:dontknow:
Roy

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope it will do fine in the water when it gets back from Garrett. They should be checking it out this week coming. I'm chomping at the bit, waiting on the AT as I am typing!:tongue3:

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions:dontknow: Roy
Yeah,that's the hard part! Went fishing today with a couple of friends to get a Break in the detecting for a day!
Had a great time,but the bite wans't on,I only caught one fish,a 20lb. Blue Cat! But it was good for a change!
005_zpscdbda192.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread