Loving the F70 so far...

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this thing is a real wonder. It is a 4/16 date code...so was not expecting to be so hot. But it is amazing....

The way the threshold and sensitivity talk to each other amazes me. Has threshold in disc mode which is..."to me"...almost like a 2nd sensitivity setting the way it changes things.

I can set sens to 20 and adjust threshold to +1 and get a dime at 10+ inches on a air test. Then I turn around and raise the sens to 90 and lower the threshold to -2...and get similar results with totally different feeling to the signal. This is indoors with wifi, cell phones and 4 gaming PC's running....all 20 feet or less away.

So I took it to the country for a drive...which is like 10 minutes for me in Colorado. If both sens/thresh are raised and there is zero EMI...15 inch dime on an air test. My T2 Classic won't do that....

I'm used to the T2 Classic sens and disc talking to each other. There is a CLEAR 0-9 and 50-59 disc boost on my T2 Classic...forced EMI disturbance clearly shows that.

But this F70...it talks via the sens and threshold in a way that is similar..but totally different. Figured it out enough to hit a 8 inch wheat in frozen ground and a 20 degree day...so there is that.

Looking to see if there are disc/sens patterns to be discovered as well....

Saves my settings...the SL mode is quieter than I thought it would be...tones changes in disc are a very nice change (still hate dp)....lighter than the T2 by a bit.

I can see why you rave about it Digger27. You need to get one Loco-Digger!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I almost bought one last spring for about $325, just because I was having lazy thoughts of multiple Fisher F7_ series so I would not have to change coils (4 machines). Then I snapped out of it. I already have a shaft for every coil, so swapping them out is a breeze.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He'd be stepping backwards. ;-)

Yes and no...I loved his Deus when he loaned it to me. But it failed to beep on a 5 inch quarter or nickel in my terrible dirt. A shocking moment for me. Youtubed it as always and dug the coins live on camera to prove it.

My T2 Classic won't hit 5 either...does not even realize anything is there. Take it up the street to the park and 10 inch pennies. F44...Land Ranger Pro...Ace 400..AT Pro (off camera)...Tesoro Vaquero (off camera). Nothing at 5 inches. My backyard dirt is stuff of legend...and hell.

This F70 comes along and gives me 6 inches...SL (boost) mode gives me hits close to 7. Air testing 2-3 inches better than my T2 Classic that has the 11DD and 5x10DD.

Whatever they learned from the F75 and T2....is absolutely inside this F70.

I can see what Dave Johnson meant when he said they (First Texas) don't want too many people knowing what it can truly do - thus why it was never marketed properly.

I will say it now...the F75 and T2 (LTD or SE) are no better...just...different. I cannot explain it any further. Drinking my Kool-Aid and loving it....you really need to have a glass. :laughing7:

Loco may be going backwards in his sweet Ohio dirt...but this F70 is absolutely a step up from a Deus and T2 in my immediate area. 20 minute drive evens it out...but if it does this well in my craptacular soil....I will assume I am in for a real treat coming up at softer spots.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HunterGT
If your soil is that bad ,you need a duel freaker ...if you get a chance try a CZ any CZ or Minelab multi freaker.
They are much better in frankinsoil.
Gary

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am hoping to get a CZ3D to check out someday soon. Seems like a neat detector.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Son and I both love our F70's

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will say it now...the F75 and T2 (LTD or SE) are no better...just...different. I cannot explain it any further.

And that's the key. The F70 may appeal to some more than the F75. That's why there are maybe 60 some different detector models from the various makers hanging on. Each has something that appeals to someone.

The detector you have, use and are comfortable with is the best for the moment. A bird in the hand . . . ;-)

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Here is a vid on YouTube about someone using an F70 hitting a nickel at 8".
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=KaJG8ohPbjE

Settings were disc on 4, thresh on 9, 3H I believe SL speed and sense on...1.
DE speed hits it, the slower processing SL boost is better.

Notice the mid 90's numbers on this usually low 30's nickel, that exact same thing happens to me here and a key reason why I am finding targets deeper than most in my difficult soil.
These top Fishers up average around iron, a target next to a piece of iron will come in higher than normal.
I once found a gold ring in good dirt that had a large piece if deep rusty iron next to it on the right and a rusty nail in inch or two away shallow on the left.
The ring was 10 numbers higher in the ground between that iron than out if the ground away from it.
In a super iron infested site I hunted in good dirt same thing...the good targets were all at about the 5-6" area but all up-averaged because if the iron.

Here in the mineralized SE. same thing, my GB numbers are never lower than the mid 60's and can frequently go into the mid to high 70's and even low 80's plus my dirt bars are usually at least 2 but more often than not maxed out at 3.
In my mineralized plus extra added iron infused dirt all targets are up-averaged past a few inches deep, as you go deeper the numbers soar.
I also have dug nickels here that were in the 7-8" depth level with numbers in the high 80's to low 90's...same with all coins including Indian heads that are past 4" deep here.
One nickel was dug on a hunt with a friend who runs with an E Trac and we were hunting at an entrance to an old park that every hunter in town had to target for the last several decades but all have now declared it hunted out.
I had just dug 2 IH's he passed right by that were at 6" that he never noticed then I moved about 30 feet away got a clear signal and dug one and called him over.
He looked at the worn thin as a dime 1880's V nickel I dropped in his hand, he looked at my small sniper coil on my F70 and he looked at the 8" deep hole that was still opened that it came out if and just shook his head.

As far as the sense, (gain), all levels are much higher than they might seem.
99 is maxed out but 75 is not 2/3rd power, 50 is not 5O% power, 33 is not 1/3rd power, 1 is not 1% power....same on the F75.
That is why you can pick up deep coins on such low gain settings and the ability to control and turn up the thresh in disc is very handy in this case.
Many can't wrap their heads around this, turn them way up looking for major depth and get them super chatty then sell them quickly and knock them forever after.
We Fisher guys love this because we get to buy these horrible units cheap at fire sale prices and many still have that new car smell.

This one seems to be built like Microsoft made it...built in redundancy all over.
Several completely different settings can be used to accomplish the same goals and we users seem to do that, amazing how differently we can and do set them but all seem successful.

To me it truly is a wonder, eye opening and as I keep saying jaw dropping.
Just different enough from its cousins the F75 and T2 to be a whole other world unto itself.
I love living in that world for reasons you are just starting to find out for yourself.

Last edited:

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a CZ-3D and it works great for the old bronze coins over here and now I have a F-75 that works great. I tell you one thing is that there is a very small bronze coin over here that goes back to the 1500's, Its just a flake the size of a pigeons eye, they even call it that. and the F-75 and the CZ-3D will pick it up from about 1-2 inches away, but a CTX or a At-Pro will not detect it at all, you have to rub it against the coil to get it to say anything. CTX for the beach ,but my CZ and 75 for the old stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread