deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Recheck your numbers Deducer

Episode 6

1932000 viewers.

Oops.. caught me. Was looking at the wrong table. The one below is the correct one.

Congrats to you and Wayne T. on getting extended for another season.

Top-25-Cable-SUN.15-Mar-2015-e1426598175586.png

Last edited:

Island Maser

Mar 9, 2015
Scottsdale
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but some may be unaware of current off-the-shelf drone technologies available to the public. I could stand at the foot of this ladder and fly a first person perspective quad copter drone right up into the cave with no problem at all. The ladder is very wide, and the drones are not that wide. Many such drones are less wide than human shoulders, and could navigate through tunnels at will. Of course you couldn't travel down long sections of tunnels without signal loss, which is why some people use battery powered signal repeaters that the drones drop off every so often to maintain their flight and video links. And I don't use 3g or wifi, I use other frequencies that deal with obstacles better.

But again, I am not promoting the idea that such drones should be employed to explore this cave.

I agree that it would be pretty cool to launch I drone to scout out some steep ugly side canyons to see if you can see and good targets before hiking in. Then again only human eye might actually see what you would want to see. It is very
easy to mis stuff even being right there if you are at the wrong angle. Some time I find just sitting and glassing for a bit opens up more opportunities.

C'mon, folks, don't fall for this obvious ploy. There are many other areas where you could put such drone technology to better use than to think there is something in this cave worthy of your efforts. And all it would take is a confused bat flying into one of your props to crash your drone in a very hard to reach place. Or even bat crap falling into one of them from above. You won't catch me trying to use a drone to explore this cave, I have better ways to waste my time.

I agree that it would be pretty cool to launch I drone to scout out some steep ugly side canyons to see if you can see and good targets before hiking in. Then again only human eye might actually see what you would want to see. It is very
easy to miss stuff even being right there if you are at the wrong angle. Some time I find just sitting and glassing for a bit opens up more opportunities.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This was the table I was looking at; I see now that it's from 2/15. Bad fumble on my part.

Top-25-Cable-SUN.15-Feb-2015-v2-e1424318390212.png

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's not derail into real estate - this is a treasure seeking website. A quick google search in real estate drone photography will turn up A LOT of videos - and no one has ever been arrested.

I was speaking about the legality of using drones for commercial purposes, and real estate was merely one of the examples I provided. But I agree we shouldn't derail the topic here.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm not at all worried about the bats..what i'm concerned about is the feds closing the area because of all the idiots rushing up to the cave to see the cross that isnt there...i've seen them do it a hundred times..there used to be a road going up to that area but the feds closed it to keep idiots out

Well, you can thank the production company, characters, and the show for that! What does someone think will happen? You air a show on something, especially something like this and it doesn't matter who goes in there, the government will have their own assumptions and close the place down all together because now they will fear people will go in there and vandalize everything and trash it up!

Rick4570

Jun 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, Minelab 800 Equinox, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When are you running for President Harley.....I'd vote for you.....
Rick

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Well, you can thank the production company, characters, and the show for that! What does someone think will happen? You air a show on something, especially something like this and it doesn't matter who goes in there, the government will have their own assumptions and close the place down all together because now they will fear people will go in there and vandalize everything and trash it up!
the feds are looking for any reason they can find to close public roads ..i'll lay odds that within a year most of the area at the south and southeast end of the supers will be fenced off and the roads closed

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah especially with you guys running out of water! I wished I was out there in the reservoirs and rivers and lakes and metal detect the crap out of it! I bet they got some cool stuff laying around!

Last edited by a moderator:

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched the last episode. :censored: Who was the editor ? Stevie Wonder ? Nylon rope hanging down beside the ladder.. yeah made me believe no one was there in years. lol...

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

Well if you can't go see it, and the feds close it! Sounds like it won't matter anyway. Huh

Wrmickel1

TahoeTim

Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disgusting

As far as the drones go, I own 6 of them from the size of my palm to a large 6 motor version. Some here (no names) should not spout off about things they know nothing about. The drone carries an on board tv transmitter that sends it's own live video transmission to my goggles. Not wifi, jeez. There are very talented drone pilots. I practice in my living room and land on the coffee table, chair, etc without crashing. go to you tube and search fpv racing to see how the real talented pilots handle drones.

I would take a drone with me on every hike into the supes. Why not scan each canyon with a drone without having to hike up canyons and risk "blowing out a knee" lol.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as the drones go, I own 6 of them from the size of my palm to a large 6 motor version. Some here (no names) should not spout off about things they know nothing about. The drone carries an on board tv transmitter that sends it's own live video transmission to my goggles. Not wifi, jeez. There are very talented drone pilots. I practice in my living room and land on the coffee table, chair, etc without crashing. go to you tube and search fpv racing to see how the real talented pilots handle drones.

I would take a drone with me on every hike into the supes. Why not scan each canyon with a drone without having to hike up canyons and risk "blowing out a knee" lol.

Come on Tim!

Frank's an X Cop has a reputation of being a real stand up guy just cause the show didn't set your jollies a buzzing don't take it out on Frank!

All the others are real Pros and know what they're doing.

Geez Wayne is very well known and has the worn out boots to prove he knows those mountains more than anyone!

If you have a beef take it up with the PRODUCTION COMPANY GOGOLUCKY!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please read the rules or you will loose posting privileges .
Thanks!

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the thread on topic please. This thread is not about you. So stop baiting each other. Post are disappearing and we loose good information when it is derailed.
Thanks guys.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's not derail into real estate - this is a treasure seeking website. A quick google search in real estate drone photography will turn up A LOT of videos - and no one has ever been arrested.

I can't imagine anyone not using drones in that Mountain terrain to hunt with. I am looking at the Phantom 2 now for my needs. The phantom with vision should work.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Every year the old famous Dutch hunters gather to award the Treasure Hunter of the year. These are the fellows who opinion counts. They love the show. That's good enough for me. As far as negative comments. Hell I'm a retired cop. I heard it all over my 33 years. Fire away. Due to contractual issues I cannot respond nor would I bother anyway. Any time you have millions watching a show there will be some that have issues with it. To my friends thanks for the support. I found some nice gold locations while filming and we will be visiting them soon!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any more attacks on members will earn vacations, also keep the politics out of the thread, we have a politics forum for that.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I went and googled fpv racing and didn't realized how advanced drone technology is by now than it was at the time I was interested in them for work purpose a long time ago (some of the earliest models were so frustrating to work with), so that will teach me to yap about a subject I am neither current with or an expert in, and so I will issue a mea culpa and shut up.

And Frank, the demo does skewer to the older, more educated crowd, so hopefully Go Go Lucky will adjust to the trend, and change the style of their programming. Perhaps you and Wayne T. and the others could sit down with them and convince them to do that. Take more creative control and don't let them bully you. You guys are now as valuable to them as they are to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread