KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like more there than just the '6 anchor 2', there is something bottom left 'woo" and a newer cut on lower right...and is that raised instead of carved? Maybe its the lighting. Absolutely awesome to see this, finally!

Last edited:

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KI have you ever been up Trace Fork East of Campton? I am assuming it was named that because a trace ran that way. I was wondering if you have seen any other Indian Trail Trees? I'm trying to put together a map of Indian Trail Pointer trees and their pointing direction in and around the gorge. Once on a map the probable route of Swift could be easier to figure out since they had to use these. I'm sure most are gone now due to all the logging that was done, but it just takes a few to get a feel for their routes.
topo map of area...
https://www.topoquest.com/map.php?l...nad83&zoom=8&map=auto&coord=d&mode=pan&size=m

InkedRockBridgeRdTrailTreeMap.jpg

Last edited:

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
there is a lot more to the rock than anchor 6 2. OR mine eyes are fooling me. Do I see a Wolf/Dog face or head looking to the left in the pic ???

Last edited:

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the liberty to save the picture and add 'what I see' in a faded dark color to trace it. In yellow I circled areas that may be something faded from time. These marks may just be other's carving on the same area caught by KI's camera. KIsHighlighted6Anchor2carving.jpeg

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see the show covering your finds KI. Would like to hear back from you on the trail trees also!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread