Proposal to the problems this forum has been having lately

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/n...oin-roll-hunting-forum-site-members-only.html

Plain and simple, I ask all experienced/vetted/even new coin roll hunters to join me. This forum has way to many consistent views, which is changing the culture of how people post. It seems most posts are now protective in general, rather than informative. People do not like the 100+ competitors viewing the forum, and not even being members and are not contributing. I ask everyone to please, read and support my proposal for this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize the level you were meaning until I checked the forum. There are almost as many people viewing the CRH forum as the MD forums at a given time. I'd support this.

The only downside is that the info is public, if they don't find it here, they'll find it somewhere else.

You can most likely forget that idea..... Forum is own by Treasurenet, it is ran by TreasureNet and open to all who wish to visit here....... If you wish to have a member only forum, feel free to start your own website.

I did forward your request to admins but I wouldn't hold your breath. There are no private forums on TN......

Last edited:
You can completely forget that idea..... This forum is own by Treasurenet, it will be ran by TreasureNet and open to all who wish to visit here....... If you wish to have a member only forum, feel free to start your own website.

Which is why I put the suggestion in the FAQ/Feedback section. Its getting to be overrun by viewers, to such a point that at times the site is temporarily inaccessible. I like this site, more than any other, and I would never even want to start my own, I just mentioned this as helpful suggestion which would likely improve the site overall, and help members.

I think the only way they would consider doing that, is to charge a membership fee, I would pay it if it meant things stayed less vulnerable and less lurkers but as we look at things now, all of our posts are search engine optimized and they are probably making more money through clicks than if they asked for membership fees. I dunno.

I would agree too, but if it got to the point I'd have to pay to use it (unless it was something very cheap and reasonable) then I would probably just save my money and stop posting. It wouldn't be worth it to me to pay a fee to tell everyone I didn't find crap. Just this past year, I only found about 4 oz of silver. I could just save myself the fee and go buy some silver at my LCS and not tell anyone about it.

I think it is a good idea though.

Which is why I put the suggestion in the FAQ/Feedback section. Its getting to be overrun by viewers, to such a point that at times the site is temporarily inaccessible. I like this site, more than any other, and I would never even want to start my own, I just mentioned this as helpful suggestion which would likely improve the site overall, and help members.

To do it for one they would have to do it for all that ask, that is why I say it want happen, not unless they can make some serious money as they are already paid for people viewing.... Are you willing to pay $50-$100 a year with a mininum number of members to do it.....?

That would be great if gawkers were not allowed on here, but like treasure hunter said, it seems unlikely. Just like the guy who wrote the recent CRH book,he's got money to make, and he doesn't care that it's going to increase our competition. The owner of this site is not making money off CRH, he's making it off this site.

Honestly I would support making this members only for the sheer fact that having to hide finds has made this particular forum completely worthless to me. Anything I find I just share with a few people via PM. Everyone else is on here saying finds are terrible just to deter people from hunting. What's the point of even being on a site just to hide what the site is all about? I don't see anyway around this, except that business will continue as usual

That would be great if gawkers were not allowed on here, but like treasure hunter said, it seems unlikely. Just like the guy who wrote the recent CRH book,he's got money to make, and he doesn't care that it's going to increase our competition. The owner of this site is not making money off CRH, he's making it off this site.

Honestly I would support making this members only for the sheer fact that having to hide finds has made this particular forum completely worthless to me. Anything I find I just share with a few people via PM. Everyone else is on here saying finds are terrible just to deter people from hunting. What's the point of even being on a site just to hide what the site is all about? I don't see anyway around this, except that business will continue as usual

You guys do realize this secret has been out for years, that there are dozens and dozens of sites that talk about CRH, not counting the books available for sale.....It is no secret....Making this one forum private would not be a drop in a bucket in stopping your competition...

You guys do realize this secret has been out for years, that there are dozens and dozens of sites that talk about CRH, not counting the books available for sale.....It is no secret....Making this one forum private would not be a drop in a bucket in stopping your competition...

I agree with you to a large extent. Posting 10 40%ers from a box, a couple of peace dollars from a teller tray, etc., certainly gets us coin collectors wet in the pants but the public probably doesn't bat an eye. However, huge finds, like several I've seen where someone obtained over 1K of silver in a single bank stop, must certainly, to some degree, attract some get rich quick'ers.

True Treasure Hunter, but when you do a google search for coin roll hunting this is the first thing that comes up.

Coin Roll Hunting - TreasureNet
www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/Cached
Coin Roll Hunting - A great way to find old coins is to purchase rolls of coins from banks. Misstrikes, silver, proof, even rare coins can be found.
Coin Roll Hunting, Money ... - + terms - My massive order - FINAL results - Crh find

I'm sure it is good for the owners of TNet, not so much for us.

Last edited:
True Treasure Hunter, but when you do a google search for coin roll hunting this is the first thing that comes up.

Coin Roll Hunting - TreasureNet
www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/Cached
Coin Roll Hunting - A great way to find old coins is to purchase rolls of coins from banks. Misstrikes, silver, proof, even rare coins can be found.
Coin Roll Hunting, Money ... - + terms - My massive order - FINAL results - Crh find

I'm sure it is good for the owners of TNet, not so much for us.

Treasurenet is also mentioned by name in Wikipedia's article on CRHing.

Coin roll hunting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yarrg he be speaking the truth...

Alternatively if we want things secret we can create a group page somewhere else to talk about private tips and such and use this forum for everything else, or just send eachother private messages.

I lurk when a active topic has a catchy title,have made a couple posts.
Local bank not producing silver in my limited searches.
Believe me i was spoiled in the sixties with access to silver!
Many people have been hunting it since, so its no exclusive thing.
I give you hunters credit for effort but with volumes required its sure not for every body.
Yes sometimes some one makes a nice score but compared to annual individual volume and cost of search,to me today its a better hobby. Between what the value of what ones time is worth,gas money,ect. Average annual profit hard to keep a newby seeking wealth at it that long. I.m.o.

Though there are a few maniacs out there with permanently stained fingers who produce,their sheer volume searched keeps me from hitting it hard.
I wish you all luck but know well there's more to it.

Last edited:
Sorry, admins just posted on admin forum they want to keep it as is...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back