What's new

Back at my knife point site

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2018
Messages
2,438
Reaction score
7,457
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this rock, just seems to nice of a shape to be natural, whats your guys thoughts and what would be a proper term...Thank you
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2815.webp
    IMG_2815.webp
    634.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2813.webp
    IMG_2813.webp
    1 MB · Views: 133
Upvote 0
I did notice some damage on the ends but wasn't real prevalent....
 
Proper term for it would be "Round Rock".
 
A little back story this " round rock " was pulled from a location that has produced one of the largest collections in Michigan.....
 
It is the proper size for a hammer stone and if there is some damage on the ends then that is what it might be.
 
Thank you for the help Jon much appreciated..
 
Looks like a day dimple in it too. Probly a hammer stone as suggested
 
I vote hammer stone I see use marks. Fits your hand real nice. Wonder is it a left or right hammer....... (Joking). I'd display it if it was mine.
 
Tough call based on the pics and in Michigan? Fields are littered with rocks like these. Those glaciers dumped a lot of stuff passing through.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom