Cheap metal detectors!!!

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
OK, first, I will say I know these aren't the best, but they are C H E A P!!! And if you need a temporary back-up or a decent coinshooter for very little money, buy a radio shack/bounty hunter special!

The 1100 is only $42
The 2200 is only $75

There was no 3300s when I was there, but from my understanding, they are about $80~$100.

I bought an 1100 for my girlfriends son today.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cryptodave

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
OK, I thought about it, and went and bought the 3300 also. It was $111. Not a bad price, considering it had a retail of $299, and is the EXACT same detector as the First Texas Titan 3000XD, only difference is the arm rest and the coil on the titan is 8.25, the 3300 is 8.
I plan on using this as a back up for a back up, and a trunk rider in case I'm out and about and want to stop real quick.

Stainless Steet Rat

May 15, 2006
I had a 2200 for a few weeks and then got the 3300. The 2200 is almost a toy compared to the 3300. I dug at least a shoebox of trash with the 2200, and now I dig a LOT less trash and lot smaller holes. I don't know why but every silver coin I have dug with my 3300 was after 1-3 days of rain. The deepest I got was a worn 1917 merc dime at 7 inches in my front yard after 3 days of rain. I KNOW for a fact I had detected that spot many times before.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Stainless Steet Rat said:
The deepest I got was a worn 1917 merc dime at 7 inches in my front yard after 3 days of rain. I KNOW for a fact I had detected that spot many times before.

That's very good depth and I believe you. Many of these super cheap machines get as good or better depth than some of the high-dollar machines. I know of people who are finding or have found awesome treasures with Wal-Mart type detectors.

I have a mega cheapo China made machine that can beat my Tesoro in depth. My Tesoro cost nearly $500 and the China toy was $60. BUT...I find far more with the Tesoro due to it's superior discrimination and general target separating features. This is where true quality is seen....TARGET SEPARATION. Almost anyone can made a "deep" machine. To make a machine that is both deep and has supreme target separation is the game of the serious manufactures.

I keep the cheap Chinese machine as a backup and toy for the grandkids. But it's still funny to see this detector beat the big brands in the perfect "coin garden" setting. ;D But like I wrote, in the real world of hunting the expensive machines beat the cheapo 100 times over.

GeoScouter

Greenie
May 17, 2006
Pa
I picked up the 3300 when it first went on sale. I went back this weekend and got the 1100. It will be handy to let friends use if they want to go with me. Also it will be handy to just keep in the trunk if I need to kill time somewhere and not worry about it getting banged around.

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread