Panning videos

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to youtube and type in "gold panning made easy 40 + years experiance" it is a very good video on pannig and the old guy is entertaining also. Also don't forget to condition the pan.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

OP
OP
blackbeard81

blackbeard81

Dec 8, 2012
Dillsburg Pa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the YouTube links.funny thing the last video by gold hog I thought was really good and clear thanks again

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I know I said I was buying a deluxe panning kit by garrett but I ended up buying a small kit which did not come with the 15in super sluice pan how important is that pan and is there any good videos on proper panning technique.

I have the 15" Super Sluice. It is a big beast of a pan, heavy or durable depending on how you look at it. For regular field work, I prefer my Proline 14"...the Super Sluice might be the best choice for those going somewhere that doesn't allow regular sluices as it would maximize your throughput (assuming you learn to use it aggressively) if you are strong enough to use it all day.

rustbucketguy

Jul 29, 2013
Augusta, GA
Primary Interest:
Other
Check the panning video on the intro page of Heritage Gold Mine Park I am the Park Manager for a historic gold mine in McCormick, SC and this is the technique I teach to first-time panners and as the introductory instruction for potential new GPAA chapter members. I use the Park material to teach them the basics of panning, to see how gold behaves, what gold looks like, and what imposters look like. Once they master the panning on crushed rock and coarse gold, I encourage them to go to the creek and meet their next challenge: sticky, gooey clay, lots of black sand, and incredibly fine gold that you cant even feel under your finger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread