Skipping Class = FIRST SILVER!!!!

diggergrl

Jul 29, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
Hey all! I decided to skip class Friday (weather was nice- and who knows how many more nice days are left!) and go detecting with the BuckleBoy and HB. The day started out a bit rough; it took us about 2 hours to get permission for a site, a school house deep in the woods. We were getting pretty cranky fighting all the brush and digging up lots of big iron, but BuckleBoy got an Indian Head penny and after about half an hour I got one too. HB found a jewlery piece, and I kept hunting around where I found my penny. Next thing I knew I got a great signal and dug a plug. Out popped a MORGAN DOLLAR!!!!! I couldn't believe it was real, but I was still shaking when I took it over to show the crew. We didn't find much after that, and moved to a new site where HB found his Indian Head. The finds were pretty thin at this second site, with only a tiny piece of harmonica reed, some bent-up brass, and a horse buckle recovered. I didn't care much, since I was still thinking about the MORGAN DOLLAR that I had just dug, but we ended up leaving after a few more hours. I still can't believe that I finally got my first silver! I guess I should skip class more often. :icon_sunny:

silver.jpg

in hand.jpg

silver1.jpg

Finds Before Cleaning1-1.jpg

Finds Cleaned1.jpg

Z1-1.jpg

Z3.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

DG

Upvote 0

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holly %$#^? That is on fine coin, girl. I haven't seen one that good since????? You should be proud of yourself on that one, really :icon_sunny: :thumbsup: Ain't she pretty :o

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey girl, I just wanna say congrats to you on your first silver.That is one heck of a find and I know your still on that high feeling.Glad I was there to see the smile on your face cause it was a big one.I think you should skip school more often, you never know whats gonna be in that next plug. HBilly

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Jeez Louise she's a beauty!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Way to go!! Your first silver is a Morgan??!! ...and one loaded with detail, too!!

That's quite an accomplishment! Congrats, DG! :wink: :icon_queen: :icon_queen: :icon_queen: :icon_queen:

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, doesn't get much better than that - skippin' classes AND finding GREAT silver (and others)!! You hit the weather right, too! This morning's rain messed up my plans!

Keep the finds coming!

Lookin

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
WTG Thats a heck of a find. Big time congrats.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful coin!! Consider it a lesson in history!

coinstar

Apr 8, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look's like it was dropped the day they got it,a real beauty.Nice job

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread