diggergrl
Full Member
Hey all! I decided to skip class Friday (weather was nice- and who knows how many more nice days are left!) and go detecting with the BuckleBoy and HB. The day started out a bit rough; it took us about 2 hours to get permission for a site, a school house deep in the woods. We were getting pretty cranky fighting all the brush and digging up lots of big iron, but BuckleBoy got an Indian Head penny and after about half an hour I got one too. HB found a jewlery piece, and I kept hunting around where I found my penny. Next thing I knew I got a great signal and dug a plug. Out popped a MORGAN DOLLAR!!!!! I couldn't believe it was real, but I was still shaking when I took it over to show the crew. We didn't find much after that, and moved to a new site where HB found his Indian Head. The finds were pretty thin at this second site, with only a tiny piece of harmonica reed, some bent-up brass, and a horse buckle recovered. I didn't care much, since I was still thinking about the MORGAN DOLLAR that I had just dug, but we ended up leaving after a few more hours. I still can't believe that I finally got my first silver! I guess I should skip class more often. 







Thanks for Looking!
DG







Thanks for Looking!
DG
Upvote
0



I really am happy for you and proud also. You have learned so much in such a short amount of time. You do a wonderful job in the field and your enthusiasm reminds me of how I was in my first year of this wonderful hobby. That first silver was a tough one to get but I'm sure you will have many, many, more to come in your future. That I am sure of! Now skip another class and go get another one.
You don't see Morgans or Silver Dollars dug that much, It is in great shape and its your First Silver !! I say Banner for sure, sweet coin!!
That is a great find it will be hard to top that one...







