Skipping Class = FIRST SILVER!!!!

diggergrl

Jul 29, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
Hey all! I decided to skip class Friday (weather was nice- and who knows how many more nice days are left!) and go detecting with the BuckleBoy and HB. The day started out a bit rough; it took us about 2 hours to get permission for a site, a school house deep in the woods. We were getting pretty cranky fighting all the brush and digging up lots of big iron, but BuckleBoy got an Indian Head penny and after about half an hour I got one too. HB found a jewlery piece, and I kept hunting around where I found my penny. Next thing I knew I got a great signal and dug a plug. Out popped a MORGAN DOLLAR!!!!! I couldn't believe it was real, but I was still shaking when I took it over to show the crew. We didn't find much after that, and moved to a new site where HB found his Indian Head. The finds were pretty thin at this second site, with only a tiny piece of harmonica reed, some bent-up brass, and a horse buckle recovered. I didn't care much, since I was still thinking about the MORGAN DOLLAR that I had just dug, but we ended up leaving after a few more hours. I still can't believe that I finally got my first silver! I guess I should skip class more often. :icon_sunny:

silver.jpg

in hand.jpg

silver1.jpg

Finds Before Cleaning1-1.jpg

Finds Cleaned1.jpg

Z1-1.jpg

Z3.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

DG

Upvote 0

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
I'M SKIPPING CLASS WITH YOU NEXT TIME, VERY NICE COINAGE. GOOD YEAR TOO, KEEPA DIGGIN :thumbsup:

ML HUDSON

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice work DG.....she's a beaut!! :o

Keep digging!
(and get back to class) :wink:

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She's a beauty.

Attachments

• 161.gif
    161.gif
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,271
  • 161.gif
    161.gif
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,262

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggergrl, Yeah Baby , That's what I'm talkin about !!! That Morgan is very nice ! I haven't

seen a nicer one dug and posted on this site . There are plenty of folks who've been detecting for

20 years and more, who have never dug a Morgan (or a peace for that matter) Because they are

a rare find , and it's your first silver , and the condition is so sweet , and your pics are so good

I vote BANNER ! Argentium.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Holy schmoly, digger. What a beauty! :o :o :o

You will never forget your first silver. I still remember my first...it was a 1942 mercury dime at a cellarhole down the road.....four years ago. 8)

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Jesus Molly that is a wonderful coin and the best silver I have ever seen come out of the ground in KY or anywhere else for that matter! I really wish I was there to share the moment with you. I'm sure you were smiling from ear to ear just like when Will found his first buckle. Out of all the crew I'm very happy to see you got your coil over it before the guys did! In my opinion you deserve it more than any of us because of all the hours you put in and all the junk you have dug to see silver finally in the dirt and for putting up with BB!!!!! ;D I really am happy for you and proud also. You have learned so much in such a short amount of time. You do a wonderful job in the field and your enthusiasm reminds me of how I was in my first year of this wonderful hobby. That first silver was a tough one to get but I'm sure you will have many, many, more to come in your future. That I am sure of! Now skip another class and go get another one.

Tom

KFB

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find that the way to start. Start with a silver dollar and work your way down. Good luck on your next adventure....Matt

pennyfinderjim

Oct 15, 2008
Greenville,SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE150
:icon_cheers: That is one excellent find! I think that Morgan is mint condition. She is so-o-o pretty!!! And, an O to boot. You did a good job on your first silver. BIG congrats on your silver dollar and good luck on your next hunt. Thanks for the post and pics. HH from Jim.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your found your first silver in true style, it will probably be years before you beat a coin like that! WELL DONE 8)

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whoa! I just stepped on my tongue!!! What a find! I am jealous, that is in super condition!!!! :o

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, Ok.... :o Most people must not see this but this is a BANNER find... :) You don't see Morgans or Silver Dollars dug that much, It is in great shape and its your First Silver !! I say Banner for sure, sweet coin!! :thumbsup:

Holly Crap !! :o My first silver was a 1957 Silver Rossie... :-\ That is a great find it will be hard to top that one...

Congratulations on a great first !! ;D :wink:

Keep @ it and HH!! :D ;D

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your First Silver, and Boy what a Silver find it was. Doesn't look like
it was too deep in the ground, looks like it was just under the leaves. That's why it probably
is in such good shape.

Again,Congrats!!

HH,Ringfinder

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, it's been a long time since I have seen a coin as nice as that one.....

Super congrats on finding such a beauty !!!!

You just don't see many silver dollars come out of the ground and when you do they never look as nice as yours.

Well done !!!!

Brian in MA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions