Skipping Class = FIRST SILVER!!!!

diggergrl

Jul 29, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
Hey all! I decided to skip class Friday (weather was nice- and who knows how many more nice days are left!) and go detecting with the BuckleBoy and HB. The day started out a bit rough; it took us about 2 hours to get permission for a site, a school house deep in the woods. We were getting pretty cranky fighting all the brush and digging up lots of big iron, but BuckleBoy got an Indian Head penny and after about half an hour I got one too. HB found a jewlery piece, and I kept hunting around where I found my penny. Next thing I knew I got a great signal and dug a plug. Out popped a MORGAN DOLLAR!!!!! I couldn't believe it was real, but I was still shaking when I took it over to show the crew. We didn't find much after that, and moved to a new site where HB found his Indian Head. The finds were pretty thin at this second site, with only a tiny piece of harmonica reed, some bent-up brass, and a horse buckle recovered. I didn't care much, since I was still thinking about the MORGAN DOLLAR that I had just dug, but we ended up leaving after a few more hours. I still can't believe that I finally got my first silver! I guess I should skip class more often. :icon_sunny:

silver.jpg

in hand.jpg

silver1.jpg

Finds Before Cleaning1-1.jpg

Finds Cleaned1.jpg

Z1-1.jpg

Z3.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

DG

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Well if you're gonna find silver, it might as well be a good one! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ms-60 or Au-50 ? I would say Ms-60 only has slight scuff marks to me. That is an awsome find. Congrats. Nice way to make AT LEAST 500 bucks. Nice job.

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Oh my god that Morgan dollar is FANTASTIC. That is by far the nicest dug Morgan dollar I've ever seen.

I'm dreaming of the day I find my first silver dollar.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

dobbie

Jan 5, 2009
WOO-HOO CONGRATS...Being a fellow female digger I know how good it feels to show them guys up and outdig them. WTG.....The coin is outstanding. ;D

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Way to go !!! Beautiful coin!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Wow, your first silver, and it was a Morgan!! :o :o :o

I can't wait to see what your second silver is going to be! ;D

That's a heck of a silver find! Sometimes it's worth it to skip class!!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
WOW!!! Way to go!!!!!! Your first silver and it's a Morgan Dollar..... :headbang:

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
If you have to find something-that the one thing to find. Awesome coin.
Joe

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
very nice! on morgans the cheek always has ding marks because its a high point or there called bag marks. yours doesnt. congrats willy.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
That's an exquisite coin even if it was found in Grandpa's drawer! Finding it in the ground, and your first silver to boot - fabulous! Congrats on the milestone and a beautiful piece of history.

kibitzr

Dec 18, 2007
Niles,Mich
Detector(s) used
Expl SE, Excalibur ll, E-Trac, Whites V3
Congrats on your first silver,and in great condition too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one of the nicest Morgan dollars I have seen dug, congrats! HH, Mike

xlt nh

Jul 28, 2006
Cheshire, Mass