Skipping Class = FIRST SILVER!!!!

diggergrl

Jul 29, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
Hey all! I decided to skip class Friday (weather was nice- and who knows how many more nice days are left!) and go detecting with the BuckleBoy and HB. The day started out a bit rough; it took us about 2 hours to get permission for a site, a school house deep in the woods. We were getting pretty cranky fighting all the brush and digging up lots of big iron, but BuckleBoy got an Indian Head penny and after about half an hour I got one too. HB found a jewlery piece, and I kept hunting around where I found my penny. Next thing I knew I got a great signal and dug a plug. Out popped a MORGAN DOLLAR!!!!! I couldn't believe it was real, but I was still shaking when I took it over to show the crew. We didn't find much after that, and moved to a new site where HB found his Indian Head. The finds were pretty thin at this second site, with only a tiny piece of harmonica reed, some bent-up brass, and a horse buckle recovered. I didn't care much, since I was still thinking about the MORGAN DOLLAR that I had just dug, but we ended up leaving after a few more hours. I still can't believe that I finally got my first silver! I guess I should skip class more often. :icon_sunny:

silver.jpg

in hand.jpg

silver1.jpg

Finds Before Cleaning1-1.jpg

Finds Cleaned1.jpg

Z1-1.jpg

Z3.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

DG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread