What's new

I dont belive it.

USTiger

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
745
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked my wife the other day to buy me a few rolls of Nickels do i could fill out my holes in my collection. well Easter had me busy with the kids and work so i did not get to open the rolls until last night and what a surprise i was in for.

I opened the first roll and found a few i didn't have, but in roll number 3 of 5 i got my first bis surprise, i noticed the roll was a little uneven before i opened it but i thought it was just the coins that was a little crocked inside, (I NEVER EXPECTED THIS) a 1880 5 dollar Gold Coin was laying there smiling at me.. could this be right,, was i so tired that my eyes was playing a game with me.. i asked my wife what she saw and she confirmed it YUP a 1880 5 dollar Gold coin.. GOD DANG.

now if anyone can help me grade it from the pictures i would be happy.

USTiger
 

Attachments

  • 1880Front.webp
    1880Front.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,151
  • 1880Back.webp
    1880Back.webp
    91.7 KB · Views: 2,143
Upvote 0
holy freaking moley - did the wifey put a easter gift in it for you or what? --- man what a find!!!
 
Wowzers Bo!! Congrats!!
 

Attachments

  • dancing_figure.gif
    dancing_figure.gif
    67.2 KB · Views: 2,666
  • dancing_figure.gif
    dancing_figure.gif
    67.2 KB · Views: 2,652
Winner! Great find! Don't tell the CHR crowd, they'll go nuts on nickel rolls!
 
Who puts a gold coin in with a roll of nickels!?!? :tard: :tard: ???

Congrats!!!...however it happened...but it happened! 8)
 
that's an awesome find
 
Has everyone found a gold coin now except me >:( :tongue3:
Big congrats to your sweet surprise :thumbsup:
 
Very nice find!! Can't grade it, but I can tell you it's worth more than a nickel! ;D
 
ivan salis said:
holy freaking moley - did the wifey put a easter gift in it for you or what? --- man what a find!!!

Nope differently not.. she want me to sell it right away.. we are kind of broke at the moment..

LabradorBob (Missouri) said:
Wow...How lucky you are.
Did you open the other rolls yet? :icon_scratch:

Yes opened the other rolls.. only 1 gold coin total.

Nate in Ohio said:
Who puts a gold coin in with a roll of nickels!?!? :tard: :tard: ???

Congrats!!!...however it happened...but it happened! 8)

Dont know who but i thank them a million times.

Cynangyl said:
Wowzers Bo!! Congrats!!

Kind of sad i didnt find it with the metal detector.

Butler said:
Very nice find!! Can't grade it, but I can tell you it's worth more than a nickel! ;D

I think so to.

USTiger
 
Can't beat that!
Newt
 
W :o W Bo, makes me wanna start buying coin rolls. CONGRATS! That's one surprising find. :thumbsup:

:wink: RR
 
congrats! hope your lucky roll continues :thumbsup:
 
Very Very Nice!!
 
HOLY FREEKING SCHNIKEYS!

Dood... I'd have UPS undies.... because I would have pooped my pants!

Congradulations!

Paul
 
good one bud :thumbsup:
I found a civil war token that way once.
now take the wife out for all ya can eat chicken dinner ;D
MF
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom