What's new

7 days, 7 silvers

ironhorse

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
3,919
Reaction score
5,777
Golden Thread
2
Location
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
2
This is my big post up for the marathon of detecting for the past week. The week began with HRD and Mrs.D joining me and Iron Patch for a couple of hunts, day 1 and everyone scored some silver, I only got a piece of silver thimble. Also got a USMC button from mid last century. Day 2 scored me small gilt button with a garter RF7 (Royal Fencibles 7th Battalion)?? and silver Newfoundland 10c and a Canadian 10c silver, great hunting with Hans again. Day 3 and its off to a new site with Rick NS, silver came in the way of a buttplate from a colonial flintlock pistol, my favourite find of the past week! Day 4 was a scouting day and disappointing in the finds department, but I did manage a 1920 10c, the streak continues...until day 5 ,rain....at least it was warm! Got to walk some of Rick's old haunts, thanks for the hunt Rick! Day6 is with Romeo 1 where got some amazing finds over the past couple of years, we got finds and got to walk on some of the oldest inhabited land in the country, potential for anything, great old sites and history. Silver was out of the picture until today when we hit a couple nice old fields again with Romeo, first I got a silver handle from a candle holder or sugarbowl, looks old; then I got what turns out to be a luckenbooth brooch (Scottish love charm) very nice as well. Thanks to Romeo for being an awesome host.
I dug a bit of everything, coins,relics, junk, and everything in between. Main thing was it was all a blast and was one of the highlites of my fall detecting season.
 

Attachments

  • 7days.webp
    7days.webp
    37 KB · Views: 1,082
  • 7d2.webp
    7d2.webp
    34 KB · Views: 1,087
  • 7d3.webp
    7d3.webp
    32 KB · Views: 1,104
  • 7d4.webp
    7d4.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,119
  • 7d5.webp
    7d5.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,130
  • cans.webp
    cans.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,125
  • pp2.webp
    pp2.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,128
  • sils.webp
    sils.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,135
  • rf73.webp
    rf73.webp
    28 KB · Views: 1,129
Upvote 0
Killer Finds man. Those silvers are sweet :headbang: Awesome hunt when you put it all together. I was hoping you would do well and you sure did :thumbsup: How's the arm now? Ship shape I bet :icon_pirat:
 
Jeeze IH...that's quite the haul! Where did the bayonet frog and ramrod thimble come from? Two things I've been trying to cross off my list...

That's a nice set of silver there...the pistol piece is exceptional!

Glad you guys could make it over!
 
Hans R Dirty said:
Killer Finds man. Those silvers are sweet :headbang: Awesome hunt when you put it all together. I was hoping you would do well and you sure did :thumbsup: How's the arm now? Ship shape I bet :icon_pirat:

arms are in great shape, legs were starting to get a little wobbley and back was feeling the weeks worth, I think I'll pull through :laughing7:
 
romeo-1 said:
Jeeze IH...that's quite the haul! Where did the bayonet frog and ramrod thimble come from? Two things I've been trying to cross off my list...

That's a nice set of silver there...the pistol piece is exceptional!

Glad you guys could make it over!

thimble came from the same site as the pistol plate, and the scabbard clip came from the famous NJ field
 
WOW! That is one awesome array of sweet finds there Ironhorse! WTG!
 
That's a pretty sweet haul for a week, I sure wouldn't complain! ;D
 
nice finds ,, do i see a tooth ?
 
ironhorse said:
romeo-1 said:
Jeeze IH...that's quite the haul! Where did the bayonet frog and ramrod thimble come from? Two things I've been trying to cross off my list...

That's a nice set of silver there...the pistol piece is exceptional!

Glad you guys could make it over!

thimble came from the same site as the pistol plate, and the scabbard clip came from the famous NJ field

OK...I feel better now LOL...you're once again welcome back anytime!
 
You sure scored big in my books! Great variety there! Love that old silver... That's what is great about the hobby, you just never know... thanks for sharing..
 
that old brooch is awesome! congrats
 
WOW...nice saves my friend. Keep them coming.
 
Super Silver selection.

I think I agree with cntrydncr though, the broach complete, and undamaged....yep I'll take that one. ;D
 
Not bad, but where's the doughnut? :laughing9:


Just getting ready to post myself.
 
Yeap, the scrollie silver is nice :headbang:
 
Very nice batch..... of a little of everything IH,you got some nice keepers on your part of the hunt. :headbang: All will make good additions to your collection. :thumbsup:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom