Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn’t able to hunt this weekend, But I managed to get out yesterday after work.
I was planning on hitting some sidewalk tear-outs that I have been checking out. But couldn’t do much because the workers were still there. So I was heading home and saw a recently abandoned house that I’ve never hunted before. It was in a horrible neighborhood, So I had to look over my shoulder the whole time.

Ended up being there for a total of 1 ½ -2 hours and found

1901 V Nickel
1930 Buffalo Nickel
8 Wheat pennies

And my last target ended up being a Silver, And I was pretty amped thinking it was a Merc or Possible Barber….NOPE! a 1964 Rosie

It’s so weird this year because out of the 7 Silvers I found so far, 3 of them were 1964 Rosie’s

And I found this cool compact…its Huge 3”x3”

I opened it up and the mirror was broken, So I took it out and found Newspaper that was behind it.

It turned out to be an Obituary from 1950. Other than the mirror broken, the case was in great shape

I also found this Military looking button, But can’t find any information on it.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 1-28-VNICK Front.jpg
    1-28-VNICK Front.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 1-28 Vnick bacl.jpg
    1-28 Vnick bacl.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 1-28 BUffalo Front.jpg
    1-28 BUffalo Front.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 1-28 Bufflao back.jpg
    1-28 Bufflao back.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Upvote 11
OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres the Button

Attachments

• 1-28-Old Button.jpg
    1-28-Old Button.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Sobo

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030, Omega 8500, AT Pro, Ace 150, Explorer XS, Explorer SE / Sunray Probe, Bounter Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice nickels, cutting it close with the 64 rosies lol...I seem to dig the 65s :P.

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
Awesome finds man!!! I need a hunt like that soon lol

Congrats!!!

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds man!!! I need a hunt like that soon lol

Congrats!!!

haha, I tried to send you pics last night, But i think my phone was sending them all out of order

Heres the Compact

Attachments

• 1-28-Compact.jpg
    1-28-Compact.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 1-28-Obit.jpg
    1-28-Obit.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Greybear

Dec 22, 2011
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the button is WWI. Company G 141 infantry. Possibly Spanish American War.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's great getting a chance to dig and even find some of those wonderful finds. I like V-nickels!

But, that hunting a "horrible neighborhood"? Getting our fix can be very powerful! LOL

Still, it sort of speaks to my concern about taking chances out there. Whether it be extreme weather or "horrible" places. Sometimes, we need to think about if it's worth it. I'd love to find any of your finds here. But, at what risk? I already hunt with a watching my back mentality. But, to do so in a place where I'm afraid to be? Just too much for me. (chicken) LOL

Thanks for sharing! And no, this is not just directed at you. :)

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Greybear

Dec 22, 2011
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the 141 on it you can trace it back to the regiment and company and get the units history. Great find!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Compact is cool! In places like that DO keep looking over your shoulder!

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the 141 on it you can trace it back to the regiment and company and get the units history. Great find!

Thats Really Cool!. I just learned about about the 141th regiment And they were used in the Spanish American War as you mentioned.

thank you again for setting me on the right track

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turned out well for you.....good hunt.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your finds are very cool, allot of different stuff, better 64 then what I usually find, 65, ha lol.
I was doing some hunting in some terrible neighborhoods too, until my 20 year old son talked me out of it. I didn't want to listen to him (quest for treasure) after a little bit I realized that normally I was the "voice of reason" for him. If he was telling me something, I needed to listen, It is a different world allot of times in these places. I decided for me finding a coin (that if I was extremely lucky would be worth maybe 20-30 bucks) was not really worth getting mugged. Of course most of the time these "silvers" we are all so excited about finding are lucky to be worth $3.00 maybe $6.00 dollars. Not worth chances like that (for me, not you) There are places I can hunt that I can get that thrill of the "flash of silver in the hole" that will make my day.

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your finds are very cool, allot of different stuff, better 64 then what I usually find, 65, ha lol.
I was doing some hunting in some terrible neighborhoods too, until my 20 year old son talked me out of it. I didn't want to listen to him (quest for treasure) after a little bit I realized that normally I was the "voice of reason" for him. If he was telling me something, I needed to listen, It is a different world allot of times in these places. I decided for me finding a coin (that if I was extremely lucky would be worth maybe 20-30 bucks) was not really worth getting mugged. Of course most of the time these "silvers" we are all so excited about finding are lucky to be worth $3.00 maybe $6.00 dollars. Not worth chances like that (for me, not you) There are places I can hunt that I can get that thrill of the "flash of silver in the hole" that will make my day.

Yea, I had started detecting in these neighborhoods..I never had any real issues, But had myself in some situations i didnt want to be in. I havent been "Freestylin" on houses in a while.

but the fever gets to me...Now im back to my dumb ways..lol

Next time i will definalty have a partner with me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread