Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to a Sgt for the Sheriff's dept who told me to advise the detective I was making claim on the 28 pieces of jewelry I handed over to him if owner not located and got copy of police incident report. So I did and what a shock I received. Detective checked and said yes it would be mine after 60 days But the real shock came from the incident report. It stated jewelry was lost then found by me. Not gang related and under Administrative action...CLOSED. Now I know that the value wasn't even close to the Great Philly Heist of 2015 pulled off by team CSM members Carolina Tom and Smittyman but this belonged to somebody and it took longer to write report than the case was open. Im not a detective by any means but I believe I know where a portion of goods came from and it wasnt lost in Kuduz patch by a drunken hang glider passenger but hey I'm not a detective just somebody trying to do the Right thing. I hope I'm never faced with this situation again because if they won't make an effort in finding owner(s) why should I waste my time on a phone call to report it!!

Well detective came out took report took pics and took jewelry. Said if owner can't be found it would be sent to County Auction. No getting these goodies back. He also told me sometime back that he investigated a murder at the bridge and victim shot and dumped off bridge into creek. He said it has a high gang activity because the bridge and road is closed and it is in such a remote area.

I've been sidelined for a while due to eye surgery so thought I'd give it a try this morning. Been trying to find an old lake I remember in my youth. Finally found it and little is left of the lake but I have a thing for hunting under old bridges. I usually can find a piece of silver or two under them. Well I noticed a beaver dam in the creek that feed the old lake and was gonna check it out and hunt under bridge. The area down to the creek was nothing but heavy kudzu. I started getting signals and dug 2 rings. Thinking I had found swimming honey hole I kept on looking. Some rings were just under the kudzu. I found this book on gemstones and it hit me. These rings were from a burglary and someone purchased the book to see if any had value. A couple are silver and 2 gold rings have marks but can't see well enough to read them yet. I will call the Sheriff's Department after I post this. I'm sure the owner might like to have them back.
IMG_20150602_121757998.jpg IMG_20150602_110809553_HDR.jpg IMG_20150602_131118.jpg IMG_20150602_121714526.jpg IMG_20150602_110840396_HDR.jpg IMG_20150602_111319458.jpg IMG_20150602_120312753.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 21

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, it'd be even better if you're right about the burglary

Very interesting!

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can open your own jewelry store now..

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, it'd be even better if you're right about the burglary

Very interesting!
I feel that's why that book on gemstones was found also unless some woman found out she had a cheap boyfriend.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find my man. Leave it to you to hunt the kudzu. I know why you find good stuff, you hunt where no one else would dare. I hope that it ends as a return to the rightful owner. Nice save!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10 Ring Morning

I told you not to mess with that bb gun!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433266116.774503.jpg

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can open your own jewelry store now..

Todd I'm afraid that if I sold any that you would have to continue my OD war nickel torment because I wouldn't have internet access in the SC Department of Corrections cell

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The pic of all the rings together looks like Cjon's toes when he takes his shoes off.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Todd I'm afraid that if I sold any that you would have to continue my OD war nickel torment because I wouldn't have internet access in the SC Department of Corrections cell

Oh I am sure if Todd didn't, someone would step up.

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a watch without a back and a little pearl bracelet also
IMG_20150602_133724.jpg

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OD it was the rocks flying from Buffalo Toms car as he tore off toward Charlotte after I drug him through the woods and creek.

The only reason he drug me through the woods, was to feed his mosquitos!

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find my man. Leave it to you to hunt the kudzu. I know why you find good stuff, you hunt where no one else would dare. I hope that it ends as a return to the rightful owner. Nice save!
Tom I was just trying to find a nice place to invite Todd to hunt while you were gone on your trip. You think he would like kudzu?

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only reason he drug me through the woods, was to feed his mosquitos!
At least they didn't put your eye out throwing rocks. OD you better warn Vino that if Tom doesn't find anything he may end up like this
download.jpg

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom I was just trying to find a nice place to invite Todd to hunt while you were gone on your trip. You think he would like kudzu?

Hey Todd, word to the wise: Be aware and beware! There is no free lunch... except for the mosquitos!

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Todd, word to the wise: Be aware and beware! There is no free lunch... except for the mosquitos!
No free lunch but didn't I hook you up with the waitress after YOU paid for my lunch?

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todd don't worry if you don't find anything like Tom I'll hook you up with some Beaver too if you'll bring some traps
IMG_20150602_135723.jpg

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been a finder of such items.
Usually in old Homeless Camps, or illegal Dumping Sites.
If nobody Claims them at-least you got some Silver for the Chest.
Davers

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been a finder of such items.
Usually in old Homeless Camps, or illegal Dumping Sites.
If nobody Claims them at-least you got some Silver for the Chest.
Davers
Davers I think people would be surprised at the amount of homeless camps I see in the woods and under bridges. Its totally unreal.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todd don't worry if you don't find anything like Tom I'll hook you up with some Beaver too if you'll bring some traps
View attachment 1169869

If you hunt in Places like that U'r Def, more of a Hardcore hunter than me. lol

I can't think of a Bridge over a Creek Anywhere in NE Ga That's not full of trash.
Look's like you cleaned some of that out to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread