I found a whole pile of GOLD COINS!!!!!

Iloverocks

Mar 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the mother load! So last week my grandmother passed away :sadsmiley: The family went to her house to pack up her belongings and as I was in the basement I found a treasure chest. At first I didn't think much of it but when I opened it up my eyes popped out of my head! What laid before me was a giant pile of gold coins! I kid you not!!! I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw this. A little about me, my family has never really had a lot of money and we have always struggled to pay the bills on time. Most of my life I have worked two full time jobs so finding all this gold is really going to improve me and my family's life. My question is how much do you think all this gold is worth? Where should I go? I don't want to just go to a pawn shop and get undersold you know? I want to get the best deal! Any advice would be really appreciated. Here are a few pictures of my bounty haha.

images (2).jpg

images (3).jpg milk chocolate gold coins.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice... Don't eat them

OP
OP
I

Iloverocks

Mar 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just a joke.... I posted it in the other thread because I thought more people would see it. Not trying to be a troll

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing is, you are new here. If you want to make a single post a joke as long as you explain yourself, that is fine. But making an entire thread a joke is disrespectful to the people who are actually trying to find out what their artifacts are worth. I mean, if you do want to make a thread a joke, put it in General Discussion.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, when I first started 45 or more years ago with my trusty Garrett BFO I got a hot signal in a school yard and dug down about four inches to find some of those candy wrappers that had been eaten then carefully re-filled with dirt. I thought I had hit the jackpot until I pulled the first one out. I guess some kids had fun burying their "pirate treasure". I was the first one to hunt that early 1900s school though and many great finds came from there.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
give the newbie a break guys

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just giving him instruction for the future. I'm certainly not the one who has treated newbies the worst. We've all been there one time or another.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I'd say they are worth what ever the Dentist will charge you to fix your teeth when your done eating them all. Don't worry, the Dentist would never undersell you.!!!:laughing7: PEACE:RONB

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
Very funny! Loved it. Don't let certain people get you down. There are a lot if jealous people here who will pick your posts apart. That is why I stopped posting my finds here.

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
Just giving him instruction for the future. I'm certainly not the one who has treated newbies the worst. We've all been there one time or another.

Don't even understand why you would treat anyone like that especially newbies. Thought it was funny and appropriate. If you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all!

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen, I was just giving him some information for the future. I just find it kind of insulting that someone would just play a joke in the middle of a serious forum with a whole bunch of people that are actually trying to find out something about what they have. I was not trying to be mean. I was just trying to tell him that a few people might not take his joke too kindly. There are other forums for what he was trying to do.

Dirt_Hunter

Jun 1, 2016
Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HonestFoods.com, that is what the first picture says. lol!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had used many BFO detectors, not as good as today detectors. For those who find treasures, sell through coins auctions such as Stack's and Bowers. I do now work for them, but sell through their auctions. Good hunting and good luck. # 1 is a fool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread