What's new

02-12-2008 nickels and 02-13-2008 dimes

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a $200 bag of nickels on Tuesday that was decent

1 - 1950
1 - 1955
57 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1939, 1940(4), 1940-D(3), 1941(2), 1946(3), 1947, 1947-S(2), 1948(2), 1948-D(2), 1949, 1949-D(3), 1951(2), 1951-D, 1952(2), 1952-S, 1953-D, 1954, 1954-D(4), 1956, 1956-D(2), 1957(2), 1957-D(7), 1958, 1958-D(3), 1959-D(5))

6 Canadian (1975(2), 1979, 1984, 1986, 1995)

2 Foreign (Bahamas, 5 Cents (2000), Great Britain, 1 New Penny (1973))

1 penny

1 History Channel Club Token


And today I picked up a $1000 bag of dimes (which also was decent)
7 pre-1965 Roosevelt (1947-D, 1951-D, 1952, 1957, 1962-D, 1963-D, 1964-D)

1 - 1961 Canadian silver dime
14 other Canadian (1973, 1975, 1977, 1980, 1983, 1986(2), 1987, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2002-P)

3 Foreign (Cayman Islands, 1 Cent (1987), France, 1 Euro Cent (2000), Netherlands, 1 Euro Cent (2001))

2 Quarters
 
Upvote 0
just curious why everyone saves pre 1960 nickels? I have been saving them as well but only because I was told too, is there a market for them?
 
I've seen some sold on E-bay, but haven't tried to sell them myself ... yet.

Brian
 
Oh I forgot to add I also found the following left in the coin machine when dumping.

1 Canadian quarter (1976)

2 Canadian dimes (2001-P Volunteers, 2002-P)

1 Canadian penny (2007-RCM)
 
Goes4ever said:
just curious why everyone saves pre 1960 nickels? I have been saving them as well but only because I was told too, is there a market for them?

Save all your bicentennial halves too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom