What's new

025 silver ring found..

shane41

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
369
Reaction score
119
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. Found this silver ring the other day, it is kind of thick and the marking inside the ring is 025. Do not know much about the silver markings, maybe someone can tell me if 025 is good marking or not. As you can see from the pics the ring is pretty thick, not a little pinky finger ring. Hope the pics do justice.. Thanks Shane
 

Attachments

  • Silver Hear Ring  .025.webp
    Silver Hear Ring .025.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 14,988
  • Silver Heart Ring..webp
    Silver Heart Ring..webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 14,895
Upvote 0
Sorry, I have no clue what 025 is :dontknow: But that still is a nice find
 
I would say it's a 925 with just a little fuzzy 9 ::)

Great find! :icon_thumleft:
 
Paul4x4 said:
I would say it's a 925 with just a little fuzzy 9 ::)

Great find! :icon_thumleft:
Thanks Paul, the wife said it looked like a 9 also. So I will take it as a 925.. Eyesight not like it used to be LOL :icon_thumright: Shane
 
For those who don't know: 925 is a representation of the purity of the silver-- in this case 92.5% pure by weight (often called 'Sterling'). The other 7.5% is copper, added to make the silver harder and take a better polish. Pure silver is considered to be too soft to use as jewelry.
 
lab rat said:
For those who don't know: 925 is a representation of the purity of the silver-- in this case 92.5% pure by weight (often called 'Sterling'). The other 7.5% is copper, added to make the silver harder and take a better polish. Pure silver is considered to be too soft to use as jewelry.it
Thanks for the fine info. Appreciate it very much... Shane :icon_thumright:
 
Very nice find shane. I had to get some reading glasses a few months back. So I know how you feel with the fuzzy eye thing!! Congrats again!!
 
:icon_thumright: wtg nice ring
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom