What's new

04 December 2010.... what is it ?

HISPAN

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
5,161
Reaction score
605
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can not identify this find ,is bent on four sides, is perforated on two sides and is decorated. :icon_scratch:
was found together with coins and more objects of the 17th century, so I think that belongs to the 17th century ..... but the decor seems medieval. 6cm X 6cm is copper .
Help please! :notworthy:
 

Attachments

  • 04 December 2010 043.webp
    04 December 2010 043.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 318
  • 04 December 2010 046.webp
    04 December 2010 046.webp
    21 KB · Views: 302
  • 04 December 2010 043.webp
    04 December 2010 043.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 312
  • 04 December 2010 046.webp
    04 December 2010 046.webp
    21 KB · Views: 312
Size? First thing that comes to my mind is a handmade bolo tie slide? Monty
 
Upvote 0
Looks similar to something I have! Maybe from a sword?
 
Upvote 0
Funny thing is, I never read first, always look at the pictures. I immediately thought 17th C, heavy duty, but for what I'm unsure :icon_scratch: With the iron residue, I guess Shaun maybe on to something, but clearly a enforcer (strengthener) of ...
 
Upvote 0
shaun7 said:
Looks similar to something I have! Maybe from a sword?
I also thought that I could be a tie sword ... but I was not sure. :notworthy:
Greetings!
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Funny thing is, I never read first, always look at the pictures. I immediately thought 17th C, heavy duty, but for what I'm unsure :icon_scratch: With the iron residue, I guess Shaun maybe on to something, but clearly a enforcer (strengthener) of ...

Yes Cru! I'll leave it as an anchor of the sword or dagger. :notworthy:
thanks!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom