OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
chong2 said:
are those ft ancient? or all ages? i like that articulateish one

It's possible a couple are ft. ancient, narrow with a straight base. After doing some research I found out that the ft. ancient sites are west and north of me. Documented sites anyway. I think Hamilton or Caraway is more likely. jmo

Appreciate the comments.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
theviking said:
Nice points, love the triangles. Any of those found in this valley?
Viking.

Thanks Viking, yeah most were found in the southern part of the Shenandoah valley, between the Alleghanies and the Blue Ridge Mts.

Appreciate the comments Unitas, me too, I really like warpoints / triangles alot.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
creek astronaut said:
you had a killer year bro,real nice triangles,some of those may be clovis.lol. :laughing7:

Thanks...dude I only wish the Clovis points were as plentiful as triangles. lol :laughing7:

P

pickaway

Great finds, i like findin triangles got a bunch a brokes, did find 2 made of ridge last year...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking bunch thirty7. I think some of the best workmanship is sometimes found in those fragile triangulars. I have some I would put against any larger item. Often overlooked and under valued by buyers. But for the hunter,,, man I am always stoked when finding them. There used to be a place here you could sift them out all day long. Now its all covered with rock. I find most of mine near water for some reason? They are a true killing point. Not a knife not a scrapper they had one purpose.
Nice collection for sure and thanks for sharin. Hope you find many more this year.
HH
TnMountains

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
TnMountains said:
Great looking bunch thirty7. I think some of the best workmanship is sometimes found in those fragile triangulars. I have some I would put against any larger item. Often overlooked and under valued by buyers. But for the hunter,,, man I am always stoked when finding them. There used to be a place here you could sift them out all day long. Now its all covered with rock. I find most of mine near water for some reason? They are a true killing point. Not a knife not a scrapper they had one purpose.
Nice collection for sure and thanks for sharin. Hope you find many more this year.
HH
TnMountains

Appreciate the comments. I agree with you on the workmanship, some of the finest and most delicate pressure flaking there is. Finding one with three tips always makes my day. Alot of these pieces came from a construction site along a high spot about 50 yards from the river. They're putting in new homes and the dirt road that leads to them usually gives up a couple after a good rain. Last I checked they dumped shale and tamped it in so that road is done, black shale and black points is a needle in a haystack. Good news is I noticed some of the lot signs are gone and most likely new ground will be exposed in the spring. One of these lots is on the next plateau or high spot up and I have a feeling it's the heart of the village.

Seems like the common triangles dont get much play but I've noticed that good g9 g10 examples get book prices and then some. I've watched even pretty average examples go for 35 - 55 dollars on ebay, and other similar sites.

Good luck to you too this year, HH, Ryan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread