3 frames

wildcatman71

Apr 2, 2007
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300, Vintage Tesoro Sidewinder
Although I am thrilled to have these....I did not find any of them. I have a friend that has the most amazing collections of artifacts I have ever seen. He had 2 boxes of frames he had made to sell at shows....and never did so he commissioned me to sell them on eBay. He asked me if I wanted cash or points...I opted for points! Anyway...he has given me these for my efforts...and of course it costed me to sell them, but thats cool. I am very happy to have them....but they dont mean as much to me as my wife and I's personal finds. Please have a look, and if you see something extra special I should know about...please let me know! Thanks for looking....BTW....I posted the drills before on someones drills post.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 306
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 300
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
you have a nice friend.the cobbs blades in the center of first pic are very nice in my opinion.the drill frame is pretty killer.i really like the excurvate edge knife in 2nd pic(bottom right of frame)thx for sharing the pics :thumbsup:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. A lot of that looks familiar. You need help on e-bay let me know :laughing7:
I agree with you though. Something about a found by you point is more important. I hope you keep to that line of thinking. Its nice thought to hold and see artifacts from all cultures.
Looks like you have some real winners in there as well.
Happy huntin.
TnMtns

OP
OP
wildcatman71

wildcatman71

Apr 2, 2007
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
TnMountains said:
Nice. A lot of that looks familiar. You need help on e-bay let me know :laughing7:
I agree with you though. Something about a found by you point is more important. I hope you keep to that line of thinking. Its nice thought to hold and see artifacts from all cultures.
Looks like you have some real winners in there as well.
Happy huntin.
TnMtns

Thanks....but I have the ebay thing down...been a power seller since '02. I have the last 13 frames he wants to sell on there now. I am wildcatman71 on there too if you want to check them out! 13 pretty awesome frames. 335 points.

OP
OP
wildcatman71

wildcatman71

Apr 2, 2007
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
I have only been avidly hunting since November. Which ones are Cobbs? Are those the best ones in the frames? Thanks....I do appreciate your help.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Cobbs knives are early archaic triangular shaped blades with beveled edges on opposite sides. In the center of your first frame the two large blades look like Cobbs, specifically the piece to the right. In the second frame the longest piece, center row to the right looks like a Cobbs too.

Here's a couple from my collection for pointers.

Attachments

• phpJnbJrDPM.jpg
    phpJnbJrDPM.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 191
  • phpDsjvwqPM.jpg
    phpDsjvwqPM.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 192
  • phpJnbJrDPM.jpg
    phpJnbJrDPM.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 192
  • phpDsjvwqPM.jpg
    phpDsjvwqPM.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 196

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
wildcatman71 said:
Awesome pics thirty7....what kind of value do the Cobbs have?

So many variables come into play when determining value. I've seen average smaller examples go from 20 - 60 dollars, nice 4" plus examples go from 150 - 500.

Here's a couple of Cobbs pages from the latest overstreet guide. Low price is wholesale, high is retail.

Attachments

• phpomr1fXPM.jpg
    phpomr1fXPM.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 171
  • phpsE3RZjPM.jpg
    phpsE3RZjPM.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 176
  • phpJpMHViPM.jpg
    phpJpMHViPM.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 168

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread