What's new

$1,000 Box of Halves

Fropa

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
511
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I'm trying a new source for boxes that a friend works at. She was going to have them order me 2 boxes of halves today and I'd have them next week. She called me today and said the vault teller told her they get their halves in $1,000 boxes not $500 boxes. She wanted to know if I still wanted 2 boxes ordered or just 1. I told her I'd take 2 boxes. Unfortunately it was after today's coin order was put in that she contacted me so they won't get ordered until next week.

Has anyone here got a $1,000 box of halves? I've heard of $1,000 bags but not boxes. I'm wondering if they need to order in $1,000 increments so she thought it was $1,000 per box but it will end up being 2 $500 boxes.
 
Upvote 0
I think someone is confused. Several banks have mentioned a min $1000 order, but I have always gotten 2 boxed that way. I think a $1000 box would be very likely to rip itself apart. I get enough $500 boxes that are damaged.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom