Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A new property to hunt and the owners son came out after a while, 5 years old a full of questions and by the time I got done he wanted to know if they made kids detectors. The home dates to around 1850 and surprisingly not alot of junk, the first time there I got 2 indians near the road that were in beautiful condition 1906 and 1891, part of a buckle, a thimble, the spoon and the decorative round copper piece were up near the house. The next hunt I got my oldest indian 1863 its a little crusty and a couple suspender pieces, the one says Eagleton Manf'g Co and is in great shape. IMAG0538.jpgIMAG0541.jpgIMAG0543.jpgIMAG0545.jpgIMAG0546.jpgIMAG0551.jpg

Upvote 2
very nice finds i love the Indians. they're one of my favorites.
Owg.

Wow...... cool finds. For some reason I love getting the thimbles about as much as the more common of the older coins. Great finds.:icon_thumleft:

Those are some nice finds.. 3 indians in a day sounds pretty good to me.. Congrats.

Nice haul, there! Its always great to see indian heads pop up. Those copper-nickel early dates (the "fatties") are tough to find. Unfortunately they usually come out of the ground in pretty rough condition.

Nice haul, there! Its always great to see indian heads pop up. Those copper-nickel early dates (the "fatties") are tough to find. Unfortunately they usually come out of the ground in pretty rough condition.
I agree. They're usually pretty torn up when I've found them in the past....that picture of the three indians together is a great illustration of the difference between the look of the copper/nickel indians (1859-1864) and the bronze ones (1864-1909..some of the 1864's were bronze) coming out of the ground. :thumbsup:

WOW!! I love the buckles especially the confederate two part one!
HH

nice assortment of stuff there! more indians than I've found in my MD and CRH career

Excellent Sash Buckle find. Tnet member kuger is the resident expert on those. The suspender clip is beautiful, an is IMO the star find of the hunt.

Congrats,

Buck

Awesome finds! The buckle & suspender clip are great! I love finding those IHs too. Great hunt!

Hello Jyverb64. Those are some great finds from a great site. I especially like the Eagleton buckle. Good luck. C9

Excellent Sash Buckle find. Tnet member kuger is the resident expert on those. The suspender clip is beautiful, an is IMO the star find of the hunt.

Congrats,

Buck

Thanks Buck, I hope Kuger checks it out any info would be great

Those are allot of great finds, I'm salivating for my first Indian, my son found one, very cool. I think your decorative copper piece might be a watch cover?

Those are allot of great finds, I'm salivating for my first Indian, my son found one, very cool. I think your decorative copper piece might be a watch cover?

I was thinking possibly a makeup compact... I have found many made of copper and some are quite elaborate. Might that be the remnants of a hinge and clasp on the sides of the back pic?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back