What's new

1/2 REALE, 1 REALE, AND SOME REALLY COOL BUTTONS.

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And also what I believe is a musket lock plate? Had a great day, with a old hunting partner TREB. He is definitely my little rabbits foot. Lol
I was at the spot that Bill D. Found his 8 reale when he came up for a hunt. No big 8s this time, but thats ok. I finally found my first 1 reale. Now I believe I have found all the reales? 1/2, 1, 2, half of a 4, and a 8.
I was doing the same thing today that I was doing the other day. I would get a signal and start opening the holes bigger, this time I was in a little trash pit. Was finding alot of pottery, pipe stems, and Iron.
The buttons I found were all non military, but they do have a nice design on them. The one I have never seen before, its a little cuff, with a gold bezel around it. Its has a Scoville bench mark. And another button has alot going on in the back.
Anyway, it was a fun day and glad to knock another one of my list.
When the lock plate comes out, I'll take a pic and post.
Maybe 1 or 2 hunts left for me.
Thanks Beez for the site!!
George
 

Attachments

  • 1449273795047.webp
    1449273795047.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 1449273809957.webp
    1449273809957.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 1449273825367.webp
    1449273825367.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 226
  • 1449273838432.webp
    1449273838432.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 1449273850778.webp
    1449273850778.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 1449273861297.webp
    1449273861297.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 1449273877329.webp
    1449273877329.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 1449273887942.webp
    1449273887942.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 1449273900558.webp
    1449273900558.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 1449273908117.webp
    1449273908117.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 229
  • 1449273920169.webp
    1449273920169.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 1449273930388.webp
    1449273930388.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 1449273939477.webp
    1449273939477.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 1449273947557.webp
    1449273947557.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 232
  • 1449273965807.webp
    1449273965807.webp
    79 KB · Views: 234
Upvote 56
Vino,

Good score on the Spanish silver and old buttons.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Nice silvers... Maybe one day ill be lucky enough to find one of them, either of those would be a trophy to me!! Congratulations!!!! And thanks for sharing!!
 
Very cool buttons and even cooler silver. Great job George!
 
Fantastic hunt there Vino..2 Spanish in one day...neat buttons and cant wait to see the finished lock plate..congrats
 
Fantastic hunt there Vino..2 Spanish in one day...neat buttons and cant wait to see the finished lock plate..congrats

Thanks Patriot,
Hope the lock plate cleans up well.
It will look good in my display
 
Congrats on the silver and button finds. That cuff button is the coolest, great hunt!!!
 
Military or not, those buttons are all pretty sweet. And congrats on the Reale's! Still waiting for my first.. or hunting, I should say. I'd be very interested in how the lock plate turns out. Nice spot! HH
 
Coins relics and buttons!
That hunt had it all!
I really like the age of the site you guys were hunting, impressive!
 
Congrats on the silver and button finds. That cuff button is the coolest, great hunt!!!

Thanks Inspector,
I really like that button also.
Never seen ine like this before.
 
Military or not, those buttons are all pretty sweet. And congrats on the Reale's! Still waiting for my first.. or hunting, I should say. I'd be very interested in how the lock plate turns out. Nice spot! HH

Thanks ESM,
Hope the lock plate cleans up also.
 
Beauty Spanish buddy. The buttons are beautiful. I'm happy to hear you're getting some good hunts in before winters door slams shut on us.
 
COME ON VINO GET THAT LOCK PLATE CLEAN SO I CAN SEEEZ WHAT YOU GOT , NICE BUTTONS .
 
Beautiful buttons!

aj
 
Vino,
Great saves, but you still have other denominations of reales to get if you wish them all: 1/8th, 1/4th and 3R coins exist.
Occasional, a 1/4R coin is posted on Treasure Net (like today: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/484030-california-ghost-town-hunts.html
though I've never seen a 1/8R or a 3R coin posted.
The 3R was very unpopular and quickly phases out; replaced by the 4R.
Don.......

Ohh, thanks Don.
Never knew they made the other ones. I guess I have more to hope for. Not that its going to be easy.
Thats for the info.
I'm always amazed by your knowledge.
George
 
Sweet finds George, it was fun.
 
Love them Reales,your sites are colonial taking it way back in time.It definitely make the hunt more exciting and anxious to pin point the next target,Congratulations on your reales collections george.The lockplate looks like a Chihuahua lol
 
Last edited:
A well-deserved congrats George for hitting the Spanish circuit with at least one of every denomination. That's quite an accomplishment for someone who's not been at this very long. I've been seriously into colonial hunting for 20 years and still haven't reached that lofty status. And those are some really cool buttons too, some with designs I've never seen before. That's what makes colonial hunting so cool - there are just endless varieties of everything. Great hunt and keep 'em coming ....

Whoops - I just saw Don's post and totally forgot about the 1/4 reale. Those buggers are hard to come, but it wouldn't surprise me if your magic touch produced one soon :laughing7:.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom