What's new

1/4 Reale??????

doublet2a

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
1,281
Reaction score
306
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lindsay, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils.
I think this is a 1/4 reale best i can figure.
It is 28mm diameter and weighs 10.2 grams.
I'm not sure if it is Copper or Silver??
Looks like old Silvers with the black color to it.
Gonna try and clean it up a bit..
You think zapping it is s good idea???
Thanks :icon_thumright:


Tim
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 402
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    87.6 KB · Views: 587
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 634
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    51.3 KB · Views: 729
Im not sure 28mm but could it look like this? i/4 reale is pretty tiny.
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Cool,, Now if I can get it cleaned up enough to verify the date.
Might be my oldest coin,, 1856 is my oldest,,
And this is in California ;D
Thanks

Tim
 
Upvote 0
What does it say?
 
Upvote 0
Can't make out the last two digits, "18??" :dontknow: :dontknow:

Tim
 
Upvote 0
Very cool Timmy!!You know Cali is Real country!!!
 
Upvote 0
BCH ,
The legend would read: 1/4 DE REAL (date).
A similar coin was minted in Sinaloa, Mexico during the period 1847-1866 with the exception of the years between 1848 and 1859. The Mexico coin has a diameter of 26 mm. The edge is milled.
The obverse legend would read: ESTADO LIBRE Y SOBERANO DE SINALOA.
Interesting find; I'll be waiting to see if more description becomes readable.
Don.....
 
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
Hi Tim!!!!!

Looks like 1849 ?

cool find :thumbsup:
That's what I first thought, but the more I look at it,
The more it changes :tongue3:
Hi Rick :hello:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom