🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• bang 002.jpg
    bang 002.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 445
Upvote 0
Could the thing in the middle be to hair clippers, possibly from the air base barber shop?

willie d said:
Could the thing in the middle be to hair clippers, possibly from the air base barber shop?
i bet it is :thumbsup:

Nice finds aa!

Yeah, I was thinking hair clipper too.

Good luck,
HH.

BandB1 said:
Nice finds aa!

Yeah, I was thinking hair clipper too.

Good luck,
HH.
thanks you never know whats out there. By the way i am digging all the signals even iron.

I don't think anyone could get tired of your air base finds.
You may not get a lot of replies but we still read them.
I used to hunt the same old parks and finally got sick of
them and started woods hunting and now that's slowing
down.I've hunted around parking meters and still do when
I don't feel like climbing up and down the hills.I got the parking
meters cleaned up so I don't have to dig any more just probe
for the coins.Sometimes you just have to keep changing
hunting sights or they can get boring.Keep posting
At least you are finding things to post.Maybe you need a hair cut.

rodgerdodger said:
I don't think anyone could get tired of your air base finds.
You may not get a lot of replies but we still read them.
I used to hunt the same old parks and finally got sick of
them and started woods hunting and now that's slowing
down.I've hunted around parking meters and still do when
I don't feel like climbing up and down the hills.I got the parking
meters cleaned up so I don't have to dig any more just probe
for the coins.Sometimes you just have to keep changing
hunting sights or they can get boring.Keep posting
At least you are finding things to post.Maybe you need a hair cut.
yup your right the good thing is the base is only 3 miles from my house and no hills to climb

AA - finds are finds no matter what they are - you post 'em and I'll scope 'em. Fancy-shmancy coins don't impress me - someone going out and enjoying themselves and then sharing without being a "snob" about it will always be the REAL DEAL. Hunt that airbase as much as you want brother - there's plenty of us here that want to see what you dig. In the words of a TRUE T'net Family member - "Rock On and Persevere"... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- the "Workin' Man" 8)

DD-777 said:
AA - finds are finds no matter what they are - you post 'em and I'll scope 'em. Fancy-shmancy coins don't impress me - someone going out and enjoying themselves and then sharing without being a "snob" about it will always be the REAL DEAL. Hunt that airbase as much as you want brother - there's plenty of us here that want to see what you dig. In the words of a TRUE T'net Family member - "Rock On and Persevere"... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- the "Workin' Man" 8)
thanks but i do admire the banner finds. Yes i do enjoy hunting the base and learning its history. Here is a photo i found taken at Hammer Field on the internet

Attachments

• 00000344.jpg
    00000344.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 372
When I saw your post I couldn't help but wonder what the story was behind the spent .45 Auto bullet. Accidental discharge maybe? Kind of like when I found a fired .30 caliber full metal jacket bullet in a early 1900's school yard. It just makes you wonder sometimes how things end up where they do.

Steve

AA Always finds the good stuff. :thumbsup: Wish I had a closed down air base to hunt.
Joe

there are so many stories i can tell you about the base but some do stand out. 21 farms were bought by the government to build this base. I do find coins and relics that are much older so i guess they came from one of the farm houses. Every once in awhile i dig up live 50 cal. rounds but mostly 30 carbine and 45s. There is a legion of valor museum here with 2 old pilots that volunteer their time. They tell me long lost stories of the base that i never get tired of hearing. On quiet days out there you can almost hear the men who defended our country right down to the numerous dog tags i have found. Oh yea i have returned 4 of them 2 to the owner and 2 to the families....aa

A little more history if you didn't already know. The U.S. Air Force as we know it was created in 1947. Before that it was a branch of the U.S. Army called the Army Air Corps. The Army Air Corps was created in 1926, replacing what was known as the Air Service which was created in 1918, upon our entry into WWI. Depending on when the base or Fort was opened it was in operation during at least WWII and probably saw alot of developments in aeronautical technology. That base saw the use of the bi-plane to the creation of jet engine aircraft. I'm currently serving in the Air Force and while we don't have as long of a history as the Army/Navy/Marines, we do have quite a history of technological achievements. Keep digging you never know when you'll dig that storied piece of history.

Clad, bullets and a..........*gasp* a 1820 comb? no way!

Just kidding I don't know, but it does look like a comb :)

Packfan the old runway and some buildings were turned into the local airport until they moved over to the other side of the runway. The Army Air Guard now flies there and sometimes they are so loud i have to stop metal detecting. The guard now patrols most of the California coast . Years ago as a kid we use to ride our bikes up and down the above ground bunkers. This 1915 flare gun was a big surprise when i dug it up

Attachments

• SANY1181.JPG
    SANY1181.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 241
  • SANY1181.JPG
    SANY1181.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 241

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back