1" Iron Ball, Glass Tail Lens, Silverware

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I played hooky from work today and got out detecting in the woods for 6 hours. Put the 15" coil (aka "Bob's Big Boy" or the "Toilet Seat Lid") on my Nox 800 to mix things up. I really like the performance of the 15" until I reach the end of the day after hiking and swinging the extra leveraged weight. Normally I only post the crème of my finds here. Today I am showing the full range of weirdness for one of my typical outings.

The 1" Iron Ball is strange. Can't imagine someone cutting loose a canister round on some poor farmer. If it was a round, and someone could guess a date, that would be interesting. There were two Revolutionary skirmishes fairly close by at a British garrison. And someone could definitely cut loose a round from the nearby harbor.

The sloped tail lens is my second glass lens, the other being a 1920's bicycle reflector made of red ruby glass with cat's eye marble-like pattern. Good day for eating utensils. Couple of buttons (one late 1700's and the other dome probably 1820-30s), a jackknife, and a horseshoe for good luck. Must be closing in on a hundred horse shoes.

Attachments

• tres324.jpg
    tres324.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 78
  • tres325.jpg
    tres325.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 44
  • tres326.jpg
    tres326.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 42
  • tres327.jpg
    tres327.jpg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 11

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I played hooky from work today and got out detecting in the woods for 6 hours. Put the 15" coil (aka "Bob's Big Boy" or the "Toilet Seat Lid") on my Nox 800 to mix things up. I really like the performance of the 15" until I reach the end of the day after hiking and swinging the extra leveraged weight. Normally I only post the crème of my finds here. Today I am showing the full range of weirdness for one of my typical outings.

The 1" Iron Ball is strange. Can't imagine someone cutting loose a canister round on some poor farmer. If it was a round, and someone could guess a date, that would be interesting. There were two Revolutionary skirmishes fairly close by at a British garrison. And someone could definitely cut loose a round from the nearby harbor.

The sloped tail lens is my second glass lens, the other being a 1920's bicycle reflector made of red ruby glass with cat's eye marble-like pattern. Good day for eating utensils. Couple of buttons (one late 1700's and the other dome probably 1820-30s), a jackknife, and a horseshoe for good luck. Must be closing in on a hundred horse shoes.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always cool finding a pocketknife!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a small cannonball to me - congrats

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice finds unusual iron stuff is always welcome, especially militaria. You are not playing hooky, taking a 'mental health day' is important!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread