1 more out of Circulation!

Lc_102

Jul 15, 2006
Springfield MO
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI Pro Plus
I was about to go get in the car to go MD'ing at an old local park, when I decided to grab a couple bucks incase I got thirsty or something. we had a pile of change setting on top of the microwave, and because I couldnt find any bills laying around, I decided to grap some quarters. I started picking out the quarters 1 at a time putting them from one hand to the other, listening to them clank. When I grabed one that said something ONLY us Crazy treasure hunters hear, It yelled SILVER when it hit the other quarters. I thought, no way, people buy rolls and rolls just looking for silver and never find any. I picked it up, looked at the side before the date and sure enough, it was a 1964 Washington quarter still in circulation! :D

I couldnt believe it, a great find before I even got out the door to go Md'ing! Which is good because Ive had a silver drought over the last month. I knew something was up as I watched the quarter leave my hand to fall into the other before I heard the clank. Just the color, we treasue hunters are a special breed when we can tell something's up just by the slight color diferation between a clad quarter and a silver quarter.

Attachments

• 64 quarter Front.jpg
    64 quarter Front.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 754
  • 64 Quarter Back.jpg
    64 Quarter Back.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 759
Upvote 0
M

mchamby

Wow what a find, I hope you are able to find descendents, what a story that would be. I would make a new thread and repost the pic. HH
Mchamby

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hey LC.....I think you should contact your local paper also, once you find a relative...or even before and the paper can help you locate a relative.

From what I found, William B. Hanger had quite a collection of papers of his time in the military service with photos. And from what I gather from the short article...sounds like he made the Marine Corps a career. That would be a great HUMAN INTEREST Story... (Pls read reply #20...that is what I found on William B. Hanger)

And as someone said.....make a new thread and repost photo....

WTG LC....you really did good!!! You found a piece of military history of someone who, in my opinion, recorded events as they happened during battle and time spent in the service. I think that is SO AWESOME!!!!

Isn't this hobby the best??? :)

Keep us posted....I am so excited to hear the outcome........HH............Ann

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions