#1 plastic and Glass bottles

hobo finds

Mar 15, 2010
A new Recycling place opened up by me they are paying .80 a pound for alum cans. They also take #1 plastic bottles for .30 a pound and glass bottles / jars for .05 lb. AZ is not a deposit state. So I will save the plastic and glass and see how fast it adds up! Won't be giving it to the city in there recycling bins anymore...

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
what is #1 plastic bottles if I may ask, as far as I know no one around here will pay for anything like plastic or glass, its a shame, as much of it as there is i the ditches!

OP
OP
H

hobo finds

Mar 15, 2010
I took down 87 lbs of glass bottles / jars @ .05 lb & 18 lbs of #1 plastic water btl @ .30 lb. Made $9.75 TTL Not realy worth it but better than giving it away to the city! LOL

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011
dingdong said:
they keep it a closed market here in nyc but not for long they let u dump clean plastic for free it going to break open soon here to cant wait stockpiling the plastic now

Wouldn't you be farther ahead getting back the nickle deposit? A 24 oz. bottle from a 6-pack of Pepsi weighs one once. It would take 16 to make a pound. If NY pays the same as AZ it's .30. By getting the deposit you make .80. So basically you'd lose .50 a lb taking them to the scrapyard.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian B said:
dingdong said:
they keep it a closed market here in nyc but not for long they let u dump clean plastic for free it going to break open soon here to cant wait stockpiling the plastic now

Wouldn't you be farther ahead getting back the nickle deposit? A 24 oz. bottle from a 6-pack of Pepsi weighs one once. It would take 16 to make a pound. If NY pays the same as AZ it's .30. By getting the deposit you make .80. So basically you'd lose .50 a lb taking them to the scrapyard.
There are only 10 states and 1 territory that have a bottle bill (refundable deposit).

•California
•Connecticut
•Guam
•Hawai'i
•Iowa
•Maine
•Massachusetts
•Michigan
•New York
•Oregon
•Vermont
http://www.bottlebill.org/about.htm

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011
hobo finds said:
AZ is not a deposit state!

I know. I wasn't talking about AZ. Did you see the quote in my post? the guy said he was stockpiling in NYC and that it was a closed market. I made no reference to you. Sorry for the confusion. I too live in a depositless state, but NYC is in NY which has deposit.

OP
OP
H

hobo finds

Mar 15, 2010
Well I knew it was too good to last! They stoped taking glass! But a new place is now taking #2 plastic bottles for .05 a lb.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread