What's new

1 Reale

AP552

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
84
Reaction score
265
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeastern Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
AT max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out to the fields today and managed to find some Spanish silver. Rang up a nice high 82 and was about 6 inches down. Only part of the date I can read is the last # which is 6. I can read Carlos pretty clear but not sure if it's III or IIII. Either way pretty happy, thanks for looking. HH


image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpe
 
Upvote 30
It's an 1806 Carlos IIII 1 Real minted in Mexico :) Very nice!
That's from the time Napoleon was rising to power in Europe! So cool! :treasurechest::headbang:
 
Way to go on the Spanish silver!
 
Really cool find! Hey just so you know(I learned this last night) a single real is spelled "real" the plural is reales. By no means calling you out for spelling because I always spelled it the same as you. Just happened to be reading last night and noticed this. Congrats on a killer coin
 
No offense taken Ahab, thanks for the heads up.
 
Very nice. Spanish silver is always a welcome coin.
 
Really cool find! Hey just so you know(I learned this last night) a single real is spelled "real" the plural is reales. By no means calling you out for spelling because I always spelled it the same as you. Just happened to be reading last night and noticed this. Congrats on a killer coin

Now I would be offended!! Not really, I just learned something new myself. Thanks. I always wrote reale with the one I found. Thanks for the new info and a great find OP. So you really spell a real real real, and not reale? So what is a fake real called?
 
Last edited:
Now I would be offended!! Not really, I just learned something new myself. Thanks. I always wrote reale with the one I found. Thanks for the new info and a great find OP. So you really spell a real real real, and not reale? So what is a fake real called?

Unreale 8-)
 
Really cool find! Hey just so you know(I learned this last night) a single real is spelled "real" the plural is reales. By no means calling you out for spelling because I always spelled it the same as you. Just happened to be reading last night and noticed this. Congrats on a killer coin

I've tried previously to correct others on the "real" versus "reale" spelling, but for some reason "reale" has stuck here as the main spelling. So I gave up and accepted the misspelling, haha.
 
I've tried previously to correct others on the "real" versus "reale" spelling, but for some reason "reale" has stuck here as the main spelling. So I gave up and accepted the misspelling, haha.

Maybe if we all band together we can conquer this butchering of such a simple word 8-)
 
Cool silver, WTG!
 
Maybe if we all band together we can conquer this butchering of such a simple word 8-)

Let's do it! Teamwork! It's a simple thing that in Spanish, you pronounce each syllable. So, if it's spelled "reale" you're really calling it a "re-al-ay". So maybe we should just start typing, "NICE RE-AL-AY!!" when it's butchered.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom