d3t3ctr0n

Apr 17, 2013
Texas U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10685454_876408059045371_7074340628990491531_n.jpg
Playgrounds at a Park and Elementary School - guaranteed coins.

Upvote 3
the ACE is a coin magnet huh?...good job.

Go low and slow and you'll get the deep ones if it's a older area. Any day swinging is a good day to me.

That looks like the best day I had all summer! :BangHead:

Let me tell everyone, the Garrett Ace 350 is phenomenal when it comes to finding coins. I started with the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, and that was OK. Then I got the Garrett Ace 150 and that was even better, but the Garrett Ace 350 is amazing. I have found more coins with it than any of the others.

I always like doing school yards. Like you said, guaranteed to find coins.

You can make $5 an hour in clad at some playgrounds. Last year I bought high grade silver coins online with my clad money. This year I have been doing colonial sites, so my clad total is EXTREMELY low. This year my oldest coin this year is a 1655-1658 French Liard, followed by a 1723 Hibernia, followed by a dateless young head KGII from 1727-1740, I also scored this high grade large cent this September, the other couple of large cents I found are in really bad shape.

1803.jpg

Hey, at least you got a chance to hunt. It was dark and raining when I left work so no chance today.
And remember, it COULD have been some real treasure. You never know. Plus, you're now 10 targets closer to the next amazing find.

I messed up my knee a month ago and had to abstain from hunting, but now its better and I am ready for more action!!

I messed up my knee a month ago and had to abstain from hunting, but now its better and I am ready for more action!!

I feel your pain.

My entire right calf has been swollen, painful and red for over a week. I actually got an infection through my knee and FROM the dirt; from metal detecting no less.
Can you believe it??
I hate knee pads but I'll have to figure something out. I'm started a round of antibiotics yesterday to clear this mess up. I was hoping it would "go away" on it's own but no such luck.

But I did a little hunting anyway in spite of the intense pain. ;)
How sick is that??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back