M mburnsgps Full Member Joined Jan 14, 2017 Messages 159 Reaction score 178 Golden Thread 0 Location New Jersey Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Invenio Pro, Whites V3i, Nokta Simplex, Garrett AT Max Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 6, 2018 #1 I found this 10" forged square spike near an 1840 home. I am wondering if anyone knows what these were used for. Also is there any way to date this? thanks mike
I found this 10" forged square spike near an 1840 home. I am wondering if anyone knows what these were used for. Also is there any way to date this? thanks mike
olroy70 Hero Member Joined Feb 3, 2011 Messages 735 Reaction score 260 Golden Thread 0 Location gainesville, tx Detector(s) used Garret 250 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 7, 2018 #2 a little more info... beach find, farm find, etc Upvote 0
HuntinDog Bronze Member Joined May 26, 2010 Messages 2,357 Reaction score 3,538 Golden Thread 0 Location No. Cal. Detector(s) used XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer Jul 7, 2018 #3 Large "spike" for holding the beams together Upvote 0
M mburnsgps Full Member Joined Jan 14, 2017 Messages 159 Reaction score 178 Golden Thread 0 Location New Jersey Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Invenio Pro, Whites V3i, Nokta Simplex, Garrett AT Max Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 7, 2018 Thread Owner #4 Thanks for the replies. The spike was found near a farm house. Upvote 0
Joe hunter Bronze Member Joined Mar 2, 2013 Messages 2,170 Reaction score 1,896 Golden Thread 0 Location Up state NY Detector(s) used Xp Deus , Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 7, 2018 #5 There’s a spark test I read about the color is different on older nails Upvote 0