10+ Gram Silver Nazi Ring

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Second Edit:

Thanks to Rodgerdodger's sleuthing this looks to be a silver replica Nazi ring. See his comment in the forum below. Creepy.
---
Edit:

After looking into this more per DocBeav's suggestion, the symbols on the ring appear to be ancient Norse runes that were later repurposed by the Nazis. This is more likely to be a Viking ring than a Nazi ring.

Original post below:
---

Hey everyone,

Got out for some digging today. Managed a little permission that didn't turn up much. Found a dateless buff outside an apartment complex.

I rounded out the day by returning to a little site where I found a tax token and an old Jefferson last month.

Hadn't been there 3 minutes when I pull this big chunky ring at 1.5 inches. I send it to my brother and Echoplex and E points out it had a swastika and "SS" on the sides. This thing is heavy.

What is this doing here? No clue but it's a big men's ring and it's well worn.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538957955.681358.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538957969.133002.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538957977.112306.jpg

All in all a pretty interesting, albeit creepy find.

Good luck out there and happy hunting folks!
-W

Last edited:
Upvote 30
OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
What does the Viking head paired with the Nazi symbols represent together?
It is one of those really nice but creepy finds!

Well, because the Nazis were aryan fanaticals I think their ideal human was a tall, blonde, viking-looking guy. They ripped off a bunch of viking runes (like the swastika and SS symbols) for their cause.

I imagine it was just a bunch of symbolism they mashed together for their cause 🤷🏼*♂️

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does the Viking head paired with the Nazi symbols represent together?
It is one of those really nice but creepy finds!
The ring is supposed to represent the SS 5th Panzer Division "Wiking". Their division symbol was the Nordic sun wheel. The core of that division were foreign Scandinavian volunteers and not even German. Here read up...

https://www.feldgrau.com/WW2-German-5th-SS-Panzer-Division-Wiking

There is no period documentation supporting these rings and no period photos. They are all fantasy items, regardless of what someone may pay for one.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting ring, congratulations! :occasion14:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool find, although very creepy, for sure a hot topic on this thread. Congrats on another good find to fuel your habit.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seen lots of outlaw biker swap meets where jewelry with SS or SWASTIKAS are big sellers. Most pieces sold are not original.
Cool find.

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seen lots of outlaw biker swap meets where jewelry with SS or SWASTIKAS are big sellers. Most pieces sold are not original.
Cool find.

I wanna go to an outlaw biker swap meet! Bet I can get some good leathers and nazi stuff in that joint!

jakewilliam

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting find , I collect german WW2 rings , this one is a known fake/fantasy design In ring collecting circles , it’s a modern variation made after 1970 , no such type was around in WW2 , period advertising proves that. Sometimes refered as a bikers ring .

with german rings , 99% of them are fake or fantasy, very hard to find original known pattern and need many hours of study ,

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/third-reich-rings/ss-viking-ring-real-fake-363265-2/

Last edited:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi nice find ,If i were to collect German Panzer Division Badges it would not be the Wiking 5 SS Waffen Panzer it would be the more feared and famous Heer Wehmacht 5th Panzer Division . Russian high command recommended never a direct engagement . I heard about them from wifes grandfather Walter James Heeps Sapper 2/8 Australian Battlion Battle of Themopylae 1941 . Spent 4 years in a PWO camp in Poland . He was just the other side of wire fence from the Russian PWOs . He saw just how brave the SS were . Biggest cowards in history. They tried passing food to the russians but if they got caught they dead men. If the the cammander of the 5th Panzer Gustau Fehn stopped the Leibstandaerte SS Adolf Hitler Panzergrenaadier Waffen support which trapped the 275 men left from the 8th battlion in a railway tunnel . The SS Waffen would have killed all of them including my wifes grandfather. No all Germans were mad but all the same they did a lot of horrible crimes. TP

PS Sorry about the mistakes in this text i cannot find my glasses .lol

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread