10 silver and 8 wheats today tied my personal best...

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Today was the first day the rain has let up in a week now and it is supposed to rain the next 3-4 days so I thought if I was gonna get out for a while I better do it today and I'm glad I did. The ground was moist and some spots were very saturated. It took me a couple hours to find my first silver because the combination of the new MSC Ratphones ( I'm not used too ) and the wet ground conditions everything was sounding a bit different. Once I got the first silver and heard what it sounded like I dug the rest in about 2 more hours. I was getting some deep targets for sure with the SLQ at 11" in the hole with a huge nail thus the scratch on the face DANG!! oh well. This ties my personal best silver count for one day, I was really hoping to find number eleven but my battery on the Etrac played out and I didn't bring extras. Which was fine because my butt was kinda dragging after 4 hours of digging anyways. Hope you guys enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_1795.JPG
    IMG_1795.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 681
  • IMG_1797.JPG
    IMG_1797.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 674
Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 silvers and 8 wheats..... a great day in anyones book.
Congratulations..... Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds. Congradulations.....

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX
6 mercs gotta love that. A SLQ is always nice too. Looks like a great day in the field to me!! :thumbsup:

HH,

Dave

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Very nice man, thats some spot!

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
Incredible silver day! Oustanding in the field!!! :thumbsup: Looks like the machine was workin great to me! Nice job. I enjoyed the pics! Thanks for posting! :thumbsup: Those coins are very pretty all the way to here! :P

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!

Your silver take for the day beat my best month's total :P

Great hunting!
watercolor

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
The only place that I could find that much silver is the pawn shop. Great jod & very nice finds, I love the way silver looks when it pops up out of the plug.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I love those Mercs. They are great looking coins. Nice digs, get some rest and get back out there! :thumbsup: jgas

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
What a day! That much silver in a day has eluded me. On the ratphones....Do you think after using them they are worth buying. Are you really hearing signals you may not have heard before? Just curious as I have been looking at them. Thanks.

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Super digs, 10 silver in one day is great. My brother just got and E trac. I hope it works out for him as well as you are doing. Any tips you can suggest?
JDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions