10 silver and 8 wheats today tied my personal best...

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Today was the first day the rain has let up in a week now and it is supposed to rain the next 3-4 days so I thought if I was gonna get out for a while I better do it today and I'm glad I did. The ground was moist and some spots were very saturated. It took me a couple hours to find my first silver because the combination of the new MSC Ratphones ( I'm not used too ) and the wet ground conditions everything was sounding a bit different. Once I got the first silver and heard what it sounded like I dug the rest in about 2 more hours. I was getting some deep targets for sure with the SLQ at 11" in the hole with a huge nail thus the scratch on the face DANG!! oh well. This ties my personal best silver count for one day, I was really hoping to find number eleven but my battery on the Etrac played out and I didn't bring extras. Which was fine because my butt was kinda dragging after 4 hours of digging anyways. Hope you guys enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_1795.JPG
    IMG_1795.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 681
  • IMG_1797.JPG
    IMG_1797.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 674
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice recoveries John. That's a lot of silver at one location. Dman and I found several silver coins and pennies(some Canadian) at a 1940s era house in generally the same location in the yard and guessed they must have had a fruit or veggie stand there near the road. WTG!!!

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
That's a nice haul, congrats!! What kind of site are you hunting? An old park that hasn't seen a lot of detecting would be my guess.

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Sorry not getting back to my post. Thanks to everyone that replied. I wish the days were still here where you could go out and dig a handful of silver everyday.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! JOHN! What a GREAT four hour hunt!! :icon_pirat: Super finds!!

Congrats!! Nana :)

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on a very nice hunt! :thumbsup: What a great ratio of silver to wheat! :D The E-Trac is a great machine, and it will really pull the oldies out of the ground!

WTG, and HH!!

Dr. Ace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread