What's new

$100,000

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
That's what 200 boxes of halves totals, and that's how many boxes I've gone through so far this year. Additionally, I've probably gone through another $5000 between loose halves, loose rolls and partial boxes. That's a lot of halves !

Well, sentimentality aside, Box # 200 was nothing special, was in fact silver-less and has kept me on the downside of this roller coaster. It only produced a 82p without the FG and a 72 proof.

Just goes to show you that means and opportunity are not enough. You do need a fair amount of luck from time to time as well; and I'm just in between right now. (but it helps if you CRH in Louisiana........ Right LJ ? 8) )

Well I still have one more box I've already picked up to go through, and will see about getting two more before the weekend.

The roller coaster has to go up again, and I want to be on board when that happens.

Happy CRHing all
 
Upvote 0
Yea the tide will turn without advanced notice- here's hopin its soon. HH Mark
 
Hang in there and that Roller Coaster will eventually start climbing again. I've been deep in the valley before and right now riding the top of the mountain. I know I'll fall real soon, but we've got to enjoy the good times when they come our way.
 
First of all Thurm....congrats on going through 200 boxes so far this year. That's quite a milestone. That is a whole lot of coins to search. Kudos for the dedication!!

Second.....I agree, the roller coaster can only go up at this point. I hoped #200 for you would be loaded with silver for you to commemorate the event...sorry to hear it wasn't.

But I know you and you will keep plugging away. You have the perfect attitude for this hobby. Keep em coming Thurm...good luck on #201...keep us posted.

FYI - I had 3 skunk boxes today..... ;)
 
Box # 201 was another skunk. >:(

When dropping off the rejects though, was chatting with a woman depositing coin in front of me.

For $1.50 (long story) , I got a '76 Ike, 00p Sacajawea, a US dime, US penny, Canadian dime ('00) & a People's Republic of China
1 yi jiao coin ('97). Also found a Mexican 5000 peso ('88) that commemorates the 50th anniversary of the Nationalization of the Oil Industry. Value in unc: about $8.

Heading back to work a picked up about $20 in loose halves from a few banks; only a 68d to show for it.

But also picked up a partial box ($400) and will go through it this weekend.

Good weekend all
 
thurmownator said:
Box # 201 was another skunk. >:(

When dropping off the rejects though, was chatting with a woman depositing coin in front of me.

For $1.50 (long story) , I got a '76 Ike, 00p Sacajawea, a US dime, US penny, Canadian dime ('00) & a People's Republic of China
1 yi jiao coin ('97). Also found a Mexican 5000 peso ('88) that commemorates the 50th anniversary of the Nationalization of the Oil Industry. Value in unc: about $8.

Heading back to work a picked up about $20 in loose halves from a few banks; only a 68d to show for it.

But also picked up a partial box ($400) and will go through it this weekend.

Good weekend all

To close on this thread of posts.............


On the way home from work stopped by two banks:

Bank #1 had $5.50 in loose halves and they produced a 66 & 68d (18% keeper rate; I like that)

Bank #2 had $8.00 in loose halves from their coin counter and they produced a 76 (CuNi) proof, 05p and a couple of 500 lire Italian coins ('85 & '89). (13% keeper rate; still above my self professed "good haul").

Once home I went through the partial ($400) box:

Four 90%ers (44p, 59d, 62d & 64d), ten 40%ers (65, 66, 67x3, 68dx2 & 69dx3), a 79 proof, a beat up 87p, an 03p, 05d and a nicely gold plated 71d. Not counting the 71d, that's eighteen keepers; or a keeper rate or almost 23%. I like that !

Maybe I'm starting that climb up the roller coaster. That would be nice. We'll see.

Bring on the next boxes.
 
Sounds like you need to order partial boxes, nice score. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom