What's new

100 Dollar Bill

Andrew123

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I have a 1966 red seal $100 bill that has a fold in the middle. Pics to come soon, but would anyone know the value? Also I have a 1934 $20 bill that I am wondering if it is worth to keep.
 
Your '66 Red Seal (Legal Tender Note) had three varieties: 66, 66 star and 66A (Elston/Kennedy) A couple of years ago the retail (Red Book) values in VF-20 were $165, $400 and $225, respectively.

As for you '34 --$20, what series is it (A, B, C or D), who signed it (Julian/Morgenthau, Julian/Vinson or Julian/Snyder) and does it have a star before the serial number? I'll also assume it has a green seal, not a red seal.
Don.....
 
The $100 is a star note and the $20 is a green seal with series A.
 
The star (*) bill is a 'winner'. If it grades VF-40, the retail value jumps to $600 (per the Red Book).
What is the name (city) of the issuing bank on the $20?
(BTW, I'd get that star bill authenticated and graded if it were mine.)
Don.......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom