$100 in CWR nickels anyone seen this wrapper?

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Picked up a box of halves and $100 in CWR of nickels and one of the rolls was wrapped in this. Has anyone seen these before. They are reusable. I'll post my results later.

b2cb9591.jpg

dd11c709.jpg

Upvote 0

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears you got the famous Nickel Menorah!! Good job!!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
What exactly is that? lol

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
it opens up and is hinged so its still one piece. never seen one like that. only one in the bunch. i will be saving it. maybe put my roll of war nicks in it.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found a few of these for dimes, they were a short lived design as the buttons snaps don't click and all your coins fall out. I don't store coins in them because they are probably not archival safe.

HH
-GC

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've started to run across a few of these in CWR dimes. Kind of funky. I"m keeping a few of them, just to hold my slow accumulation of silver dimes I find. (I'm close to filling up a roll, after doing this for a year or so. Well, I've only really been asking for CWR dimes for the last few months.)

tuleja

Greenie
Jan 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one of those in a box of CWR's of pennies. Only one I've ever seen. Thought it was very strange, but seemed to work ok. Kids have it in their room now since they really thought it was cool.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if i recall correctly, they are used a lot up in canada... canadian hunter was telling me how banks up in canada sometimes don't accept them because of the fact they can bust open due to the buttons on the side, interesting find, i have yet to find an unusual CWR... right now a note card is my weirdest i've gotten, half dollars were wrapped in it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread