I got TimZimm dumps - orange & pink painted halves

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got TimZimm' dumps - orange & pink painted halves

It was very disturbing to get 2 boxes of orange & pink painted halves today. Its bad enough getting skunked & its even far worser to look at 80% of destroyed coins. Any serious coin collector would never destroy any kind of coin. I for one have respect for all coins & I have respect for other collectors. I would never destroy any coin in any way, shape or form. Who cares where your searched coins end up? Please stop foolishly & illegally painting & marking coins. Also, it takes the fun out of searchiing. You can't edge search because of all the painted edges. It just sickens me to see ameurish CRHers doing such damage. Don't you know its illegal to deface & mar coins? I would rather see shiny clads than painted ones. Stop it with the idiotic painting will ya? Jjjjjeeeeessssshhhhhh.

Upvote 0

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it really bothers you and
You think there's a case
First
Get in touch with treasure.net administrators and express your concerns, if that doesnt work email or phone the us treasury mutilated currency department.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember the rules, there are no flame wars, personal insults or attacks...

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the law states it is only illegal to alter or deface the coin / currency if the intent is for "Deception or Destruction" ....something like that.

I also believe coin marking is a big waste of time, but the way I see it is, the more time another hunter wastes marking coins, they aren't hunting :-)

HH,
Bigheed

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe the law states it is only illegal to alter or deface the coin / currency if the intent is for "Deception or Destruction"

"Whoever fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates, impairs, diminishes, falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the mints of the United States, or any foreign coins which are by law made current or are in actual use or circulation as money within the United States; or Whoever fraudulently possesses, passes, utters, publishes, or sells, or attempts to pass, utter, publish, or sell, or brings into the United States, any such coin, knowing the same to be altered, defaced, mutilated, impaired, diminished, falsified, scaled, or lightened - Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both." (18 USC Section 331)

It is only illegal if you change the piece of money to pass it off as something else (changing a golden dollar to a $10 coin, adding a 0 next to the 1 in a 1 dollar bill to make it a $10 bill, etc).

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every one on here knows i am not a coin collector!! And alls i see is marks on most of the coins i get. What about the gold plated coins is that ok??? I hate oboooma . When i get one i want to hit it with a hammer. I got a 1965 with a hole in it is that ok. I wish every clad coin was painted. It would be easy to find the silver. If all the clad was painted ??? if you find some that did'nt have paint on them would they be worth more?? What ever happy hunting to all and good luck.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was very disturbing to get 2 boxes of orange & pink painted halves today. Its bad enough getting skunked & its even far worser to look at 80% of destroyed coins. Any serious coin collector would never destroy any kind of coin. I for one have respect for all coins & I have respect for other collectors. I would never destroy any coin in any way, shape or form. Who cares where your searched coins end up? Please stop foolishly & illegally painting & marking coins. Also, it takes the fun out of searchiing. You can't edge search because of all the painted edges. It just sickens me to see ameurish CRHers doing such damage. Don't you know its illegal to deface & mar coins? I would rather see shiny clads than painted ones. Stop it with the idiotic painting will ya? Jjjjjeeeeessssshhhhhh.

It is the new breed. :(

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every one on here knows i am not a coin collector!! And alls i see is marks on most of the coins i get. What about the gold plated coins is that ok??? I hate oboooma . When i get one i want to hit it with a hammer. I got a 1965 with a hole in it is that ok. I wish every clad coin was painted. It would be easy to find the silver. If all the clad was painted ??? if you find some that did'nt have paint on them would they be worth more?? What ever happy hunting to all and good luck.
I wish I could find a 40% with a hole in it....:)

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is it that there is always some one that wants to be negitive. This is a hobby or a way for some one to make a little money to supplement thier income. There is enough stuff going on to be negitive about other than finding what maybe Tim Zim's painted coins. If I found them I would think it was interesting and funny, thinking I know who may have done this. What is worse then finding painted coins: cost of food, cost of gas, Iraq, Afganisiatan (sp), hurricanes, tornados, death in family, injuried military, loss of military members, American jobs going off shore, I am sure I could go on. But to complain about some stupid painted coins, well that is just is a little bit petty. Enjoy the hobby and enjoy life, laugh at the little stuff.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i don't mind tim's marking of coins, i got 2 boxes a few weeks ago about 50% solid pink and green half dollars, just gotta keep at it,
hh
buff

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey devil...
It doesn't hurt you what he does? Who cares.
You really took the time out of your day to start a thread about how you're SO angry and Tim for painting halves? So....did you keep the clean clad? My guess, is not.
So...you love all coins....even clad...enough to start a thread downgrading some one....but not enough to keep them? Hm.
Why don't you start a commercial, and you can raise money for damaged coins?? It could be fun...kind of like feed the hungry children deal?
Just an idea. Hope you're future boxes are very colorful!! HH!!!!

On P.S. Tim...keep at it!

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol too funny

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't see how a discussion on this issue can be productive in any way.

You can argue that it is selfish for TZ to ruin potentially collectible coins, but he will tell you that he doesn't care because he doesn't collect coins. You can tell him that volume marking of coins is bad for the hobby because it draws additional attention at dump time. He will tell you that he doesn't care because no one gives him grief when he dumps them. If it results in someone getting cut off from dumping, it makes the hobby more difficult for them and that is good for him and that's all that matters anyway.

He wants to do it, so he's gonna do it. When ppl "cry" about it, he gets to gloat about how there's nothing you can do about it. I'm convinced that it is all about ego and arrogance. He claims that painting coins advances his chances of finding Ag. He won't explain how that works exactly, but he doesn't need to and there is nothing you can do about it.

The logic is so simple anyone capable of clear thinking should be able to understand it. If your supply is producing, keep using it. If it dries up, change things up and find a different supply. It doesn't matter if the supply dries up because you searched it clean or if some other hunter searched it clean. It doesn't matter if you see your marks in it if it's producing. To think that finding or not finding your own marked coins in your supply means something is infantile logic.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ohh so your the coin roll hunter that culled all the silver in wisconsin......

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try one last time to show you clad lovers the light and i hope you see a very bright light. Any one that marks coins does it so they can track there dumps. If they get to many dumps back they can change there dump banks. I now bring $10.000 to $15.000 in dumps to ac every week end I go there anyway its 120 miles away. I DO NOT GET MY DUMPS BACK. CAN YOU SEE ANY LIGHT YET?? So My adea allso is if the crh in my area get tons of painted dumps they might stop crh in my area!! I did 28 boxes today and some of my boxes had half painted coins. So what will i stop crh no way i will do more. i THINK WEST CHESTER PA WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO DUMP?? Good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread