100 Year old Santa Claus found.

siz3petite

Apr 10, 2006
Southwest Sunny Florida
I couldn't wait to get home to show all of you what I found today! I was digging through a bin of junk at a Goodwill outlet. (Junk that even Goodwill doesn't want.) I reached in and found this little hand-painted statue of Santa. It's slightly over 5 inches tall and in excellent shape. Check out the date on it and the way 'Germany' is spelled. This little guy is 100 years old this year.

Attachments

• santa1908.jpg
    santa1908.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 904
Upvote 0
Actually might wanna rethink that one ive seen those before I believe thats a statue of a rendition of santa as he was portrayed in 1908 like a timeline there are others like a rendition of santa in the 1800s with a brown cloak and all different santas from around the world he looks different in all countries just a hunch dont wanna spoil your excitement

Boscov's a big dept store...had these santas, replica's..sorry to burst your bubble..they did a whole series of em.. so check the bottom as its most likely a replica... sorry.. unless of course there are markings on the bottom.

Thats a nice Santa ,but have to agree its a reproduction...I have a Santa Collection also and in the early 90's they had a entire collection of each country on the market....But its still a nice find...and Free!

If your not sure, have an antique appraiser look at it. At least then you'll know for sure that way you would know how much to sell it for if you decided to put it on ebay. It can't hurt. If its a reproduction then you still have a nice statue for Christmas time.

:)

Either way, its a nice find!

Gypsyheart said:
Thats a nice Santa ,but have to agree its a reproduction...I have a Santa Collection also and in the early 90's they had a entire collection of each country on the market....But its still a nice find...and Free!

I agree with Gypsy on this...I too remember the collections and chose only one. Not a very good pic.

;) RR

1920Santa.jpg

Welcome from the UK.

Forget the santa, its your avatar thats turning me on ;) :D

I guess you know, but the earliest Santas from Germany were Green. It wasn't until 1930s when Coca-Cola turned him red.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back