What's new

104 degrees at the Lake... Cool Rocks

Krisrock

Full Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2011
Messages
167
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Land of Good Water
Found some cool rocks and a Montell base at the lake the other day. One Mano and a grinding stone.
Also took a few better photos of the drill I found last week. I think It's a Castroville :help: It is 2 3/4 inches long. Enjoy.
7-25-2011 011tnet.webp
7-25-2011 012tnet.webp
7-25-2011 014tnet.webp
7-25-2011 018tnet.webp
7-26-2011 017tnet.webp
7-26-2011 024tnet.webp
7-26-2011 030tnet.webp
 
Upvote 0
That is a super drill! Thanks for sharing.
 
Flintseeker, You are not the first to mention corner tang drill :dontknow: I think when the model "A's" of the cornertang drills were being developed... just having a knob on a hand tool you could tie a string to would have been a big advantage. I can't find anything in Overstreet or on the internet to compare it to. The barb on the edge goes from skinny at the base to fat on the end. The only points around here that the ears expand off the base are, Andice, Bell, CalfCreek.. points of that nature. Sure could use some :help: Thank Y'all. Kris
 
Looks like a Castro drill to me...A really sweet one..Congrats
 
Thanks Frank, I think your right on the Castrodrill. I was able to find one similar in last Oct- Dec Texas Cache magazine. I have not seen a castro point yet in this mound so I guess we're in for more surprizes. :sign13: Thanks again. Kris
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom