What's new

Today’s Dig- East Texas

BCSMark

Full Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2025
Messages
121
Reaction score
473
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brazos county, Texas
Had about 4-5hrs to dig at my spot in east Texas today, as well as to try out a new sifter I built. It works good! I’ll make another post about it.
as for my finds, the largest rock at the top I believe to be a grinding stone. It’s the only rock of its size that I’ve dug at the spot, and one of the sides of it is clearly worn down smooth/flat. There is another side that appears to have been used but maybe not as much. Then I found a few preforms I assume? As well as two tips. And the base to something, maybe also an unfinished point.
The base and one of the tips is made from some really pretty semi translucent petrified wood, I assume palm wood maybe? One thing I enjoy about east Texas is the wide variety of colors of lithics available.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1965.webp
    IMG_1965.webp
    3.4 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1967.webp
    IMG_1967.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1968.webp
    IMG_1968.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1964.webp
    IMG_1964.webp
    5.1 MB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
I've got a place here in the very urban metro area I'd like to try that sifter out, but I'd be in big trouble if I did. I just know there's more artifacts to be found just below the surface. l like your device and indeed post more of what you find as you progress.
 
tamrock would you be in trouble "IF" you were to dig for a garden at the location your referring to ? Plant some tomatoes and give them to the people that "would be" complaining ! I prefer to sift my soils (loosen them up )to help those young roots to grow deep ! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom